Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk  (Read 4414 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 10:56:27 pm »

On the other hand, this pic is baffling me?



How Molly ended up in Heaven to meet Beef?
I don't think they had Wonder Bread in 18th century Wales however.

I can't think of any reason for stuffing a kitten in a bread bag tied off with a cord that doesn't involve ill intent.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 11:05:47 pm »

That's from a strip where Beef is showing Molly what he considers to be hilarious slogan shirts for babies and she asks him what he was dressed in as a child. Sorry I do not have time to find this strip for you now but I'm sure someone will oblige.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 11:09:52 pm »

Sorry I do not have time to find this strip for you now but I'm sure someone will oblige.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192005
Also, Beef smiles.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 12:27:56 am »

Who are the cats in Panel 3? They appear to be Kazenzakises (Kazenzakii?) rather than Sanderses or Smuckleses.

My guess is that's Gary Rodriguez and his wife.  Gary's a guy Beef went to high school with who thought all his high school class was invited.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 01:23:37 am »

I'm pretty sure panel three is Doc Andretti and his mom. It took me a minute, since he's out of his lab coat and, uh, disc-shaped doctor head thing, but the glasses match up. And maybe she's wearing a pashmina? I know little of such things.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 01:30:27 am »

And maybe she's wearing a merkin? I know little of such things.
FTFY.

Mollys dad and the bro look pretty pissed, and who can blame them. way to blow it hard, T.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 11:17:50 am »

Oh, of course. The pashmina. Duh. Thanks.
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 15 July 2008 - Ray's floppy-arm walk
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 05:23:39 pm »

I don't get it.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up