Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze  (Read 6336 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 05:21:11 am »

I was going to say that I have never put alcohol in Coke, but there is something called a Texas Tea at one place we go that I think must have coke in it.  But you can't really taste it as such, I think it's just barely enough to make it tea-colored, so I am not sure that counts.

That sounds vaguely like a drink we have in Texas called a Long Island Iced Tea.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 05:26:08 am »

That sounds vaguely like a drink we have in Texas called a Long Island Iced Tea.
As a bartender, I learned the L.I.T. contains every clear liquor + a "splash" of coke. Thus, whenever I see a high priced bar serving L.I.Ts on the mixed drink list, I pounce on that beauty.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 06:37:36 am »

I forgot about the long island iced tea.
That is one example of very sweet booze I do enjoy.

It was not atypical back in the day for my nights to start at the city's cheapest gay bar seeing how quickly I could down their LITs before 10:30 hit and they upped their prices. Good times.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 07:27:44 am »

Cheap tequila. Cheap sour mix. Ice (free). Combine. Swill. Wobble.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 07:32:44 am »

Don't LITs have sweet and sour in them also?  I know there is another mixer.

Either way they are delicious.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 09:22:23 am »

Wikipedia says that there's lemon juice in there but... y'know.

It also says that Obama "is an Islam" and that Sailor Moon was based on a true story.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 11:52:20 am »

That sounds vaguely like a drink we have in Texas called a Long Island Iced Tea.

Yeah, the name is some kind of joke about that, at a restaurant that pretends it is from Texas. It probably makes more sense once you've had a couple of drinks.

Tonight: We are bravely going to try putting rum in the grapefruit soda! Whooo!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 01:49:19 pm »

I most typically drink Manhattans at home, and the occasional vanilla martini.  Vanilla vodka, straight up out the freezer, float three coffee beans in it.

Something I haven't had in a long time, that sounds totally foofy and nasty but is actually grelicious is the Alien Secretion.  Equal parts Midori, coconut rum, and pineapple juice.  It's a lovely shade of yellowish-green.

When I tended bar back in the day, people told me I made the best Long Island Ice Teas in town.  "What's your secret?" they'd ask?  Ain't no secret, just shitload of booze.  A healthy dose of rum, a healthy dose of gin, a little less tequila because you feel like you're pouring too much, a little more vodka because you feel bad for not putting in so much tequila, a splash of triple sec, a splash of sour mix, top it off with Coke and a slice o' lemon.  Two of those and you are done.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 04:27:25 pm »

Yep, here's your giant glass of 80 proof liquor.  Drink up!  I guess the main difference between a L.I.T and a Zombie is that you actually are picking out just the clear boozes to put in it.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 06:08:31 pm »

I most typically drink Manhattans at home, and the occasional vanilla martini.  Vanilla vodka, straight up out the freezer, float three coffee beans in it.
The team devised a drink that involved using the physics department to impress women.
Place coffee beans and vanilla beans on table. Place wine glass upside down over the beans. Aim high output laser at the beans. A mist will develop, coating the wine glass. Pour wine into wine glass.
This worked so well that we eventually bought a wickedlasers.com laser and coated all kinds of glasses in all kinds of mists. Women evidently loved this physics, and felt compelled to "taste" every combination we came up with. One after the other. In rapid pace.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 07:04:03 pm »

Indeed, what we need more of is science!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 01:02:21 pm »

Oh man, Long Island Ice Teas are great.  There is something magic about them.  The proper combination, and it mysteriously tastes like there is actually nothing boozey or cola based in them.

Last night, I had something so damn fine to drink.  I was all for the standard Tom Collins last night, but then I remembered I had a bag of Key Limes in the fridge.  I cheaped out and went for Sprite instead of lemon juice, syrup and soda. because it was late, and I was out of syrup and didn't want to make more, so my expecations were low, but I was so very pleased.  Key Lime and Gin, where have you been all my life?   I wanted to drink 9 or more of those, but I had an interview on national radio and had to get up at 5 am, so I settled for two as night caps.  I did briefly consider just staying up all night drinking and going to the interview all plastered for fun, but the station has been so nice to me and been so good about promoting my work that I didn't want to be a total jerk ass.

So was what I was drinking a Lime Rickey?  It seems to me the flavour of the Key Lime is so distinctly different from a regular lime that this isn't the same drink.  Anyway, I love this drink. It is my new thing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 01:47:58 pm »

Report: Rum in grapefruit soda: does not improve either the rum or the grapefruit soda.

While digging in the fridge for the club soda to make a normal mojito I discovered we have a small bottle of tonic water. Neither of us can remember why - we never drink anything with tonic water. What should I do with it?

Also, mojitos. So trendy. I wonder why people haven't started screwing around with the idea more.  Like, crazy Americans make "pesto" with herbs other than basil, but I haven't seen mojito-like drinks with herbs other than mint.  I have some lemon verbena growing in the yard that's awfully nice. Should I go for it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 01:56:11 pm »

Also, mojitos. So trendy. I wonder why people haven't started screwing around with the idea more.  Like, crazy Americans make "pesto" with herbs other than basil, but I haven't seen mojito-like drinks with herbs other than mint.  I have some lemon verbena growing in the yard that's awfully nice. Should I go for it?

I just saw in some magazine (Veg. Times, I think) where they advocate making "pesto" with arugula. That so horrible and wrong they should be legally obligated to spell pesto wrong, like with Cheeze Whiz.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasure - Nasty Stylze
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 02:46:49 pm »

That so horrible and wrong they should be legally obligated to spell pesto wrong, like with Cheeze Whiz.

Oh, good idea.

If I try the lemon verbena maybe I'll have to call it a 'vojito' then. Maybe I better check first that that isn't a bad word in Spanish.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up