Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood in GQ  (Read 7640 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Achewood in GQ
« on: July 24, 2008, 02:31:10 am »

I, as a gentleman, subscribe to this fine periodical. Achewood made an appearance, without commentary other than a bubble that said "Anti Funny-Pages"
I made this image with my scanner for you.


Link to readable image.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood in GQ
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 12:20:37 pm »

Thank you for that. I am no long about to engage in awkward standing around Borders reading a magazine that seems vaguely embarrassing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood in GQ
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 03:17:17 pm »

That was funny as hell.  It seems tailored for GQ.  I wonder if he's gonna run that in the regular strip when there is a lull in the storylines?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood in GQ
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 03:28:12 pm »

Im waiting for the opportunity to use "you know what it is? I let some scientists chop off my dick last night. My mind is all over the place" in a casual setting, like if I turn in a paper with the wrong heading.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood in GQ
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 08:32:24 pm »

Onstad seems angry at his audience in this one.  I like it though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood in GQ
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 05:45:15 am »

I like how when Ray returns from the restroom the woman is absentmindely toying wth her necklace to no one in particular.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Achewood in GQ
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 04:53:14 pm »

This decision-making flowchart had exactly one decision to make. Granted, that's kinda par for the course for Achewood flowcharts, but still...
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood in GQ
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 02:20:12 pm »

I sketch in a Moleskine! And I subscribe to GQ! And I like this.

Everybody knows that mandrake roots look like people, but I never made the connection that they are like babies in particular. I mean, we've all seen Pan's Labyrinth, but the connection never stuck. Now I will never stop seeing it.

Oh, damn, I said connection twice. You know what it is? I let some scientists chop off my dick last night. My mind is all over the place.

(Bows.) Exire.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood in GQ
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 02:42:51 am »

Onstad still has the best Chris Ware imitation going when he wants to.

Honestly, it's a better Ware imitation than Ware does these days.  Though, everyone should read Jimmy Corrigan, assuming everyone wants to spend 6 hours reading a comic book about loneliness.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up