Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is a stressful time, and you may get shingles - July 24 2008  (Read 3861 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: This is a stressful time, and you may get shingles - July 24 2008
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 08:42:19 am »

Actually, I think that's what pops up over The Kids In The Hall's Scott Thompson's shoulder when facing a difficult decision... like instead of a devil, that pops up. Over the other shoulder, another one of that thing pops up, too, and they completely agree.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jlk7e

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: This is a stressful time, and you may get shingles - July 24 2008
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 05:05:46 pm »

Is it just me, or is Nice Pete's rehearsal reminiscent of Luca Brasi at the beginning of the Godfather?

"Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your home on the wedding day of your daughter. And may their first child be a masculine child."

Which he then repeats in slightly different forms several times.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: This is a stressful time, and you may get shingles - July 24 2008
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 07:08:52 pm »

I didn't even know that was Nice Pete! I was wondering who that was. I was like, "Who's that?"
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: This is a stressful time, and you may get shingles - July 24 2008
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 07:24:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure that was the meme Onstad was referencing, with NP's upswept, graying sideburn'd hair and stilted speech pattern.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up