Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Football 08  (Read 31542 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 04:25:00 pm »

Maybe we can get Wombat to play.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 05:44:48 pm »

Alright, I gave in. We've got 12 now. I'm Destiny's Manchild.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 05:45:22 pm »

Ok I suggest everyone rank their draft choices, I'll give it a couple more days to see if we pick up a 12th player then green light this bitch before opening week. Once I flip the switch, everyone is drafted in 72  hours according to either your preferences, or the pre-set player rankings.

[Edit] As I was typing this the burger guy joined. Cool.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:53:12 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 10:07:19 pm »

Would it be possible to move the draft back until after the third preseason week?  Generally at least one person will be screwed by injury if we draft this early.

Otherwise I'm going to have to remember to rank my guys at some point.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 11:34:53 pm »

Ok, fair warning then. I will press the go-go button on Wednesday. This would mean the draft would be completed by Friday.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 02:08:35 am »

PEYTON MANNING!

The rest of my team:  kind of crappy.  But still:  PEYTON MANNING!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 02:15:53 am »

I got Eli Manning and an otherwise respectable team. My defense of New England and New York is pretty unbeatable. Id be open to trades for one of them.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 02:27:04 am »

Marc fuck*ng Bulger!!!
Alex Smith!
Fuh - Uck.

I did get LaDainian Tomlinson, but damn -- Bulger?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 11:52:58 pm »

A-CAP's kicker is the bomb.  I had him last year when I knew nothing about him - and he consistently brought home the bacon.  I figure its because Dallas couldn't finish off their drives last year.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 06:48:41 am »

WR - Top End
Yeah, you basically have the best 2 wide receivers in football. Did you pre-rank them or did it just come out like that? Cause, wow.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 06:45:13 pm »

Dear NFL;

Glad to see you kicked off your season yesterday afternoon, I've been looking forward to it as usual.

One thing: my employer doesn't recognize you guys as a holiday occasion so I missed whatever thing that was that went on.

Regards,
Asherdan
PST OG

Dude!

I didn't even think about you guys out there in Pacific Time.  It seemed a little odd that they were starting the game at 7 EDT.  Not to worry, it was a pretty shitty game anyway.

Now I'm trying to get my head around going to a football game at 10:00 a.m.  WTF?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 07:17:29 pm »

I dunno.  I'd rather miss the first quarter of the game, but then be able to actually see the end, instead of having to stay up until past midnight.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 07:31:02 pm »

Central and Mountain are definitely the best for sports.  Central is nice, but Mountain, I think, will end up being the best cause it doesn't start too early (though the NBA playoffs started way earlier in the day then i was ready for, I think cause I mainly watched western conference playoffs before) and ends with an extra hour to go out and do stupid things.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2008, 11:16:05 pm »

Ash, can i get ocho cinco?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 01:50:10 pm »

Yeah that was weird for me when I was on the west coast and the football game started at 10:00 am.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up