Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Football 08  (Read 31543 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2008, 05:06:01 am »

My QB has the football equivalent of a perfect game - my kicker scores 14 fantasy points (13 real points) and my team still can't win.  I can probably lay this at the feet of the San Diego defense, who managed to score negative points for me.  Lack of Merriman?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2008, 06:17:34 am »

"ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins tight end Chris Cooley apologized Monday for posting an explicit photo of himself on his Web site.

Cooley accidentally revealed more of himself than he wanted when he took a picture Sunday morning while preparing for a game against the New Orleans Saints. Cooley wanted to show the readers of his popular blog some of the study materials the players were given by coach Jim Zorn.

Cooley, however, said he was studying in the nude, and he didn't examine his photo closely before posting it."

He posted pictures of himself "studying" in the nude?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2008, 12:58:57 pm »

Hey, my crappy little shit-hole of a hometown is famous. I hear they finally have a movie theatre there.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2008, 05:58:18 pm »

He posted pictures of himself "studying" in the nude?

"You've not had my life."
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2008, 10:49:12 pm »

The apology post on the blog sounds almost Achewood-ish, as if it were the text of a Roast Beef card.

Quote
All apologies from the website.  We are very sorry that we showed a c*ck on our website all day yesterday.  That was by no means our intention and we did not want to offend anyone.

There's a poster of Chris Cooley in the Lidz store at the Philadelphia airport (because nothing sells more hats in Philly than a picture of a player for Washington) that says "Helmet Off. Hat On." There's a joke in there somewhere.

I call bullshit though. Accidentally my ass. Chris Cooley strikes me as the kind of guy who would involve his c*ck in a touchdown celebration if he could figure out a way to get away with it.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2008, 12:22:50 am »

It can't be good for your overall score that all the teams my players were on lost.  (Except the kicker).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2008, 02:02:49 am »

I decided to give Matt Cassel a try today - playing the hapless Dolphins, it'd be a good day for him to score some points.

Oops.

Everyone on my team underperformed today. I dread looking at the score tomorrow.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2008, 09:18:11 am »

I just came in to say I forgot to care again.  Fuck.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2008, 10:13:41 pm »

dang, how did i come out exactly tied with Sex Traction for 85 points.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2008, 10:16:08 pm »

So how was this weekend for you in fantasy football, G-dawg?

Well, Matt Cassell forgot to show up. I'd pull him from my starting lineup, but my other guy is Cleveland's Derek Anderson, who it is reported today is on the hot seat to lose his starting job next week.

My tight end, Jeremy Shockey, is out for 3-6 weeks due to surgery to fix a "sports hernia." What's the difference between that and a regular hernia? That's not snarky, I really want to know. What IS snarky is that I have to replace him. TEs don't make or break teams, but my team needs every point it gets.

Randy Moss was completely shut down (see Cassell, Matt, above)

And oh, my opponent had the Dolphins running back that got into the end zone four times, and then for the hell of it, threw a pass for a fifth TD. That was 40 points for him.

And yet, after all of that, I managed to pull out a tie (see the above post). Crazyness.

EDIT: And OH FUCK FIVE OF MY STARTING PLAYERS INCLUDING QB, WR, and DEF ARE IN THE GODDAMN BYE WEEK.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2008, 01:26:20 am »

Argh - TD to Coles from Favre. Cool Boyz have this one in the bag.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2008, 02:18:32 am »

I am doing surprisingly well for someone who knows nearly nothing about football.

I think the key has been to stick with the core of the team the computer gave me and just upgrade the minor pieces it gave me in the later rounds.

And then, y'know, just make sure that everyone's eligible and healthy for that week.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2008, 05:47:00 am »

A dude is seriously hurting for some defense.  Indy sans Bob Sanders is still my best performer.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2008, 09:31:45 pm »

I wonder how many fantasy points Janikowski's 76 yard kick would have been worth had he made it.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2008, 10:25:12 pm »

Gotta love a Sunday where you made every possible roster choice incorrectly.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up