Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Football 08  (Read 31485 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2008, 08:20:44 am »

I think I am in first now on the technicality of having the most points of the three-loss teams, even though there are teams with more overall points and much better players than I have. That is some topsy-turvy shit right there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2008, 12:11:18 am »

It's cool to know that Daunte "Signed off the street and starting on a new team today" Culpepper outscored both my pro bowl quarterbacks combined.

Even so, if I'd made all the right bench moves this week I still would've lost by 20, so good job Boar Tits.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2008, 06:17:17 am »

I made some horrible choices this week... mostly revolving around the fact that I'm so deliriously bad at 2nd RB that I'm kind of just throwing ideas at the wall here... and yet I survived this week. So there's that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2008, 06:33:40 am »

Even so, if I'd made all the right bench moves this week I still would've lost by 20, so good job Boar Tits.
My team lived up to its limited potential - yours seems to have hit a perfect storm of underachievement - not sure I can take credit :)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2008, 07:38:19 pm »

I hate this game. I feel like Charlie Brown when he keeps looking in his bag and finding a rock.
All the talent seems to be sitting on the benches.  Next time around I need to look in advance at who's got bye weeks coming up, because I was forced to expose some of my players to the waiver wire to cover on thin weeks, and you bastards took 'em.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2008, 09:23:35 pm »

Is that how Willie Parker broke loose?

Precisely.

The only dudes not on the block on my roster are Brees, Forte, Parker and Wayne.

Bastard
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2008, 05:00:16 am »

The dude who has not made a single roster move just pulled into sole possession of third.

Just wanted to lay that out there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2008, 05:03:31 am »

Oh.  Michael Turner.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2008, 05:25:10 pm »

Two weeks to go, four playoff spots locked up, the fifth nearly so. 

Three teams at 5-7 vying for the sixth and final playoff spot; it will likely go to whoever can win out over the last two.  No head-to-head matchups among the three.  If I had to bet, I'd pick Some Tasty Eggplant, whose remaining schedule is somewhat easier than the other two.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2008, 11:10:34 pm »

Also: One thing we're beating the NFL in - number of tie games.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2008, 11:25:39 pm »

Also: One thing we're beating the NFL in - number of tie games.
I blame myself.  When I petitioned the universe for a win against Nabu's team, I originally asked for a six point game from Deuce McAllister.  Seven would have been the winning amount required.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2008, 02:33:36 am »

That, and this game hates me.

Hates me worse.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2008, 02:44:05 am »

Hates me worse.
Then I have hope for this week.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2008, 10:22:05 am »

That, and this game hates me.

I don't really know that much about fantasy sports, but I think my 27 pt defense, 15ish pt TE and 23 pt WR with 11 combined rushing pts has got to be the weirdest 142 point week of any in our leagues.  I mean, if it wasn't for my QB doing well it would have been an even weirder victory, as it is that just made it a blowout.  You got screwed.

Also, I am getting that 6th spot.  I mean, I hope.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2008, 08:36:09 pm »

Obama on college football playoffsl
I guess that falls under the executive privilege clause, or the Megalomaniac personality syndrome, either or.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up