Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Football 08  (Read 31455 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2008, 12:39:36 am »

I would just like to point out that if I'd scored ONE MORE POINT in that tie game, I'd be in second place and enjoying a bye week instead of in fourth and hoping to hell I last longer than a round this time through.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2008, 01:11:28 am »

Tasty Eggplant is down by 39 with two players active tonight; not looking good for the Egg Man.

Well, I was able to pull off a comeback for the win, but without a TommyTiger loss it was all for naught because his total point lead was way too much.

Congrats AD, you fuck*ng guy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2008, 03:23:27 am »

Frankly, I'm just lucky I got in second.

I had one close loss but I had two reeeeeeal squeaker wins.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2008, 06:32:05 am »

I think I have learned something important: do not play anyone who is playing the Steelers.  I'm glad I figured that out before I picked Romo over Rivers that week.

Also: being utterly brilliant and taking a receiver from the "every play is like garbage time" Chiefs was not so brilliant after all.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2008, 07:21:56 am »

You see, I already got the only two guys who get passed to on the Chiefs.

Already cornered THAT shitty market.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2008, 06:38:14 pm »

Way back when in this topic, we were talking about Tim Krumrie and is wicked nasty broken leg in the Super Bowl.

Want to see an even more wicked nasty broken leg?  Click here.  Do not click if squeamish.  You've been warned.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2008, 09:58:27 pm »

Want to see an even more wicked nasty broken leg? 

I was pretty sure I knew what that clip would contain, but I was surprised at how recent it was.  I saw a similar clip about 5 years ago, but it was a pair of heavyweights fighting.  This recent one, the guy was asking for a broken leg with the technique he used.  He was either tired or unskilled at that kick.  You want to angle it down so if its blocked the leg deflects instead of snapping.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2008, 04:54:46 am »

Same here, not watching. I get pissed when sports shows break out the Theismann injury without adequate warning.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2008, 09:06:30 am »

Want to see an even more wicked nasty broken leg?

No, thank you.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2008, 01:31:34 am »

SexTraction, almost boned by a combination of an injured RB and the Pats QB losing a fantasy point by taking a knee to end the game, pulls off a really interesting little desperation move. We'll see how it pans out.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2008, 03:50:59 pm »

Your first-round Monday morning outlook:
Lab Rats up 94-91, but Sex Traction has Correll Buckhalter (possibly) playing tonight.  Can he get three or more points from a second-string, moderately injured RB?  Considering that the Eagles have the Browns at home, maybe, esp. if they can go up big early and run the ball a lot.

Destiny's Manchild has it pretty well wrapped up over Tommy Damn Tiger, 95-84.  The Manchild has Cleveland's kicker, but it would be damn difficult for a kicker to score negative eleven points.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2008, 01:19:56 am »

Your first-round Monday morning outlook:
Lab Rats up 94-91, but Sex Traction has Correll Buckhalter (possibly) playing tonight.  Can he get three or more points from a second-string, moderately injured RB?  Considering that the Eagles have the Browns at home, maybe, esp. if they can go up big early and run the ball a lot.

LFM called it right - desperation move. I completely forgot about Jacobs until the 4:00 games had already started. This guy I've never heard of was the best of the rest. He's projected to earn four points. I'm guessing he'll earn three and make things interesting.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2008, 03:01:33 am »

LFM called it right - desperation move. I completely forgot about Jacobs until the 4:00 games had already started. This guy I've never heard of was the best of the rest. He's projected to earn four points. I'm guessing he'll earn three and make things interesting.

And that will be God punishing me for picking up Tashard Choice and not playing him.

22 points compared to Hightower's 6. :(
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2008, 04:03:51 am »

Give thanks to Traschelio the god of Garbage Time Statistics, Sex Traction.

You're going to the next round.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Football 08
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2008, 08:48:19 pm »

"Thu, Dec 18 Head coach Tony Dungy plans to rest Manning and other key starters in Week 17 if the Colts clinch a playoff spot this week, the Indianapolis Star reports."

I don't mean to get ahead of myself here--still need to win this week.

But, shit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up