Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 29th July 2008 - Clap  (Read 5561 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
29th July 2008 - Clap
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:59:15 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07292008

I'm getting real Back To the Future flashbacks here with the train. I really do hope that we'll be following the path of LN a little further, no matter how many haters he has...

Also, the expression on Ray's face at the end - priceless.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 09:11:42 am »

Ray is so happy. Best Wedding Ever.

Was Teodore frazzled like that all day or did he manage to do the full circle, enjoy the party and come back to being all messed up because he's still cleaning up at 4:30 in the morning?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:31:56 am »

Ray is so happy.

He has that expression of pure bliss on his face.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 10:13:26 am »

Right now, I have what Jeph Jaques calls "the sleep madness", same as Teodor here. Today, I didn't get any sleep all night, and I felt like Teodor, and then at 4 PM I did sleep, and I woke up at 8 PM feeling like Ray. In fact, I'm going to bed right now, after I check out Overcompensating and Wigu. It is 3 AM in the morning, and I have been watching Catherine Tate clips on YouTube and skimming through my Ian Fleming novels.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 11:16:47 am »

I have been know to suffer the sleep madness from time to time myself - including the past couple of nights.

The hot, humid weather which has blanketed London of late has made me twist and turn, yearning for sleep, yet constantly seeing it just ahead of my heavy lidded eyes.

In truth, it is only the knowledge that at 5:30 I must awake again which has let me force myself to sleep. That and a few pops of blessed melatonin, without which my sleep would ever be worse.

I wish that I awoke at more sane hour, so that I could indulge the madness from time to time. There are days when I long to embrace the inability to sleep, and to instead watch late night tv while sipping on a cold glass of limoncello. Such simple pleasures denied.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 01:27:49 pm »

Purple pumps. Hell of nasty wedding night sexin'
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 02:23:40 pm »

I guess it hasn't sunk in with Teodor that the wedding was a huge success and his failure was totally covered by Molly's brothers.  Ray was completely fooled and basically Teodor is wealthy now.  Wasn't he paid like an outrageous amount of money to put the thing on?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 02:28:18 pm »

Purple pumps. Hell of nasty wedding night sexin'

They're not just for the wedding night.

Mwwwah-ha-ha
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 02:29:57 pm »

I guess it hasn't sunk in with Teodor that the wedding was a huge success and his failure was totally covered by Molly's brothers.  Ray was completely fooled and basically Teodor is wealthy now.  Wasn't he paid like an outrageous amount of money to put the thing on?

$100,000.01

It's the penny that really got to him
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 02:43:49 pm »

Remember the train to the afterlife in Final Fantasy III ?

I guess bad or just unpleasant things happening to Teodore is the new bad things happening to Phillipe or Beef.  I predict he'll be the next to get a major growth-of-character arc.  But it'll be a while.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 02:57:25 pm »

Remember the train to the afterlife in Final Fantasy III ?

I guess bad or just unpleasant things happening to Teodore is the new bad things happening to Phillipe or Beef.  I predict he'll be the next to get a major growth-of-character arc.  But it'll be a while.

LN is going to have to fight Siegfried then use Revivify on the engine?
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 03:20:09 pm »

The way LN is already dressed up like the others ... how many other of Iorweth's "sons" joined the family this way?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 03:57:11 pm »

Raymond Smuckles turned the knob on the Penfield Mood Organ by his bedside until it came to the number equivalent to "well-deserved rest"... activated the device... and laid down to dream.

Also, he was very drunk on champagne to begin with.

This helped.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Achewood 7/29
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 11:00:37 pm »

You know, on several levels...Achwood is actually pretty goddamn strange.

Ghost trains and purple pumps. Just sorta hit me all of a sudden.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood 7/29
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 11:02:47 pm »

We already have a thread for this days strip.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up