Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 29th July 2008 - Clap  (Read 5538 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 11:15:38 pm »

Man, why was Death Ray's duplicate date post locked so fast. That was hilarious. In one single strike of the keyboard, he duplicated a thread, incorrectly titled and then failed to put the permalink in the post. Hilarious!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 01:06:09 am »

Man, why was Death Ray's duplicate date post locked so fast. That was hilarious. In one single strike of the keyboard, he duplicated a thread, incorrectly titled and then failed to put the permalink in the post. Hilarious!

Probably also included a link to a Funny Parody of, say, Penny Arcade that consisted of rectal prolapse humor.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 02:37:07 am »

C'mon guys he's trying.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 05:59:31 am »

Dicks and strangers right guys?

Right?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 02:02:40 pm »

The way LN is already dressed up like the others ... how many other of Iorweth's "sons" joined the family this way?
They rest of them, sans Taffy, look related, though.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pez

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 02:42:31 pm »

I did wonder how the Molly Dying In 1676 And Yet Her Family Is Still Alive And Well story arc was going to play out.
Logged

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 03:08:14 pm »

I did wonder how the Molly Dying In 1676 And Yet Her Family Is Still Alive And Well story arc was going to play out.

Still alive and well?? Looked as much as they did come from that other place. We already know that you can move between death and not and that there are a variety of ways to come back - see the Ray in Hell arc, and Beef's return by hand of No-No.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 04:05:52 am »

Is it my imagination, or did the page say noon PDT update today?

Is this an enforceable contract?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 07:23:44 am »

I guess that it got swapped out for the multiple blog copouts updates
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 08:11:54 am »

Well, like, at least we weren't charged three bucks a month for those particular cop-outs, right?

That's... something?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 01:10:40 pm »

The premium updates are at least quite amusing, and give me a way to take the edge off my Achewood jones while Onstad practices his entirely unpredictable posting schedule.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 03:56:16 pm »

I've decided I like the premium updates. Except, it's lonely over there. It's not as much fun without being able to discuss them with you guys.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 04:30:24 pm »

I feel like the premium updates are causing a greater-than-usual drag on the free stuff. 

If that's the way CO wants to play it, that's his game.  But considering that (as I understand his business model) most of his money comes from t-shirt sales and not from subscribers, I would venture to hazard a guess that letting the free content take a backseat the the subscriber content is less than beneficial to his income stream. 

Just a thought. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 06:45:04 pm »

Well, I'd imagine that there's the problem that... like...

A subscription thing creates the illusion of "steady income" even if that income is significantly less than the merch you'd be moving if you kept driving it with the free content that you built your business model on to begin with.

I'd imagine that "steady" seems really tempting when you have a larve to feed but, like, if people get into the GOF book and go to the website and find a trickle of new free content... oh man... you're shooting your momentum in the foot while kicking it in the nuts.

Ah. I don't know. I feel like I've spent my life preparing myself to handle success properly without ever really having the confidence to go through the succeeding part. Blah. I'm probably, like, projecting.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 29th July 2008 - Clap
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 07:36:49 pm »

I hate this new subscription-based content. It does look like a cheap copout. SMS updates? Too much commotion for a strip, I'd say. Makes me feel like I'm losing details and important information on Achewood, which wasn't exactly explanation-friendly to begin with. I might be wrong on that, granted. But in the end of the day what I'm sure of is that I miss the time when the strips came out more frequently. Sigh.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up