Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Daily stuff that pisses me off...  (Read 28270 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2008, 03:52:03 am »

Oh, see, I have a coat like that... I am thinking of something more down-y.

Maybe I am a big wimp. I have a peacoat and I think that it isn't warm enough. I end up wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt, sweater, bigger sweater, peacoat, gloves, hat, and scarf if it is below 35 degrees.
Maybe it's psychological... I have never had a really warm coat like that, at least not since I was a little kid. So when my parents constantly tell me that my peacoat is not warm enough, and that I am being stupid, I believe them at the same time as I am being stubborn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2008, 04:22:00 am »

Maybe it also has something to do with where you are from. I can see how coming from a southern area to a more northern one could be a problem. I've kind of grown up with this crap, so I guess I might be a little more used to it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2008, 05:29:17 am »

possible. very very possible.
Also, I am really, really skinny.

Another issue I have is that the reviews make me think the jacket I want won't fit me. Because of the skinny thing.
A guy complaining about it says that it is poofy in weird places on him, and he is my height but weighs 30 lbs more than me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 05:48:38 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2008, 07:44:20 am »

Maybe you should try long johns. Also, not all pea coats are created equal: the gap's pea coat this year is really thin. Disappointingly so.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2008, 06:00:55 pm »

mine is navy-surplus, which I figure is pretty thick as peacoats go?

Stuff that pisses me off today: doing a psych experiment where it is really obvious that he was going for "does scaring people make them become more conservative?"
With the conservative positions all... really over-stated stereotypes.
"We need to get rid of all the liberal whiners in this country"
"This country would be better off if everyone obeyed our leaders."

And the liberal positions all the same.
"People who believe in God are irrational."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2008, 06:34:00 pm »

Wow, I am not even close to being a Psych major, and I can think of ten ways to make that experiment better.

Not being able to fall asleep until 2, and then having to get up at 6 pisses me off today.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2008, 06:43:06 pm »

yeah... it was run by a professor who I really dislike.

I got an email now explaining it, apparently I was in the control condition.
With the experimental condition being that I was asked to talk at length about emotionally upsetting things before answering.
With the theory being that if I am scared/upset I will decide that I agree that "God's rules in the Bible should be enforced as law."

Fuck you, stereotypically liberal psych professor.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2008, 03:42:51 pm »

I love the phrase "dog and pony show."  There is no better way to cut down someone's presentation instantly.  "So let's get on with your little dog and pony show, so we can get out of here."  ZING
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2008, 05:13:06 pm »

I'd like to think that if someone were THAT pissed they'd either face up to the idea that its just the internet or, you know, barring that, "tell me".

I don't think facing up to the idea that it's just the internet is entirely incompatible with taking your imaginary cans of soft drink.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2008, 08:40:29 pm »

In the game of "Who Can Be The Bigger Asshole" I can always step up to the challenge and grab the gold.

I went to move my laundry from the washer to the drier (there are two of each) and this dipshit puts 5 pairs of boxers in one drier and a collection of shirts in the other. I am standing there with two washers worth of soaking wet laundry.
"Hey man, I need a drier, and I think your stuff could easily fit in one"
"Nah, I need to dry my boxers, my girlfriend is coming over."
"Thats great, bro, but I have a pile of wet laundry here and I need a drier. Can you move your stuff into one drier"
"no"
"so what am I supposed to do?"
"Go somewhere else, not my problem"
At this point I realize the game has gone into swing and he is not going to be a decent human being about this.
"So you're really going to be an ass hole about this, huh? You're suggesting I haul all of this soaking wet laundry across campus so you can warm your boxers? Ok....   I sure hope no one puts a marker or some bleach in your drier. That'd suck."
The threat hits his cerebellum, and its clear I don't intend on leaving the room so he considers the situation and
"alright. fine. take the drier man"
"Nooo.... I want you to have the drier now. I really do. I hope it works out for you."
So for the next half an hour, he's been standing there, watching his boxers warm.

High road? What?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2008, 10:16:31 am »

Have you ever been so disgusted by a web site you had to register just so you could comment and tell them how wrong they all were? Even though you knew it was the dumbest thing in the world?

Ladies and Gentlement, may I present: The WorldNetDaily poll section!

Today I got pissed at a bear for shitting in the woods.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2008, 10:49:17 am »

Have you ever been so disgusted by a web site you had to register just so you could comment and tell them how wrong they all were? Even though you knew it was the dumbest thing in the world?

Ladies and Gentlement, may I present: The WorldNetDaily poll section!

Today I got pissed at a bear for shitting in the woods.

Was it any one poll in particular or did you just feel the ened to fight the good (yet stupid) fight?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2008, 11:54:09 am »

Stuff that pisses me off today: doing a psych experiment where it is really obvious that he was going for "does scaring people make them become more conservative?"
With the conservative positions all... really over-stated stereotypes.
"We need to get rid of all the liberal whiners in this country"
"This country would be better off if everyone obeyed our leaders."

And the liberal positions all the same.
"People who believe in God are irrational."

See, until I read your later post I figured that the experiment actually had to be about something else entirely - it struck me as just too obvious a red herring. the kind you throw down when what you're _actually_ doing is recording their facial expressions as they go through each page of the questionnaire, or seeing how people respond to the innocuous questions when the other questions are insulting their politics.

I'm still not convinced it wasn't. Be on the lookout for another e-mail in two weeks explaining that the actual experiment was to observe your reactions to the first e-mail.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2008, 08:24:01 pm »

Was it any one poll in particular or did you just feel the ened to fight the good (yet stupid) fight?

I was sleep-deprived and my brain hurt from thinking about comparative European drug policy, so naturally I was susceptible to things I wouldn't ordinarily fall for.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2008, 09:00:42 pm »

No, see, the thing is, I have had this professor.
And his experiments are all stuff similar to "why are people conservative?"

I do not respect his work very much.
Maybe you're right and he'll impress me later.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up