Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Daily stuff that pisses me off...  (Read 28177 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2008, 09:07:59 pm »

E-mail received just now:
[My Evil Company] Moving From Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange


oooohhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2009, 04:48:56 am »

Some stupid bitch - and i mean highly unintelligent - with fake knockers and a resume that begins and ends with "teevee whore" can afford a fuck*ng mansion with a pool and a kitchen that makes me cum in my sleep, and i can't get the fuck out of this godforsaken city fast enough. once i get back home i still can't afford a modest goddamned house to call my own and won't even have gainful employment save what i slap together myself out of caffeine and desparation.

fuck celebrity, fuck pop culture, fuck the system that makes the rich keep getting richer
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2009, 05:49:43 am »

Good people who worry about their responsibilities to the people around them and basic human morality aren't set-up to become successful financially these days. Only the twisted and the heartless and the crazed can achieve that kind of fuck*ng opulence in a human being's lifetime, can take those kinds of risks, can leverage themselves without thought like that. Tax the fuck out of 'em and steal their privacy, I say, Choop.

Let us start... a bitter train!

Or, you know, it's either that or we all learn to detach ourselves from the process of being possessed by our possessions and pity them their stuff and things.

Either way. Bitter's more fun, prob'ly.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2009, 04:33:39 pm »

Ooooo. Chocolate chip?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2009, 05:48:17 pm »

I'm listening, Ash.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2009, 06:51:50 pm »

What pisses me off today is that my one-year-old eats more than I do. 

Seriously.  I give her good, wholesome meals, and when I sit down with my plate, she wants whatever's on it.  Even if she's got the same thing on her highchair tray.  She wants food specifically from my particular plate.  So I cut it into toddler-sized portions and pass it to her, and she gobbles it down before I can get a bite.  And the next thing I know, my food is gone and I've barely had a chance to taste it. 

Today, I heated up a lean cuisine *after* she had pretty much picked over her own lunch and was just playing in the mushed-up banana, and after eating a portion the size of the one I had placed on my own plate, she sat in her highchair and shrieked, desperately signing "noodles" until I gave her some of mine. 

When the food was gone -- I managed to eat a little more than half of it, I think -- she signed "finshed" and I let her out of her highchair.  I was still hungry, so I got a bag of crackers and sat down to at least eat enough to fill my stomach before taking my antibiotics (sinus infection), and of course within seconds of my opening the bag, she was climbing up on my lap begging for more food. 

This doesn't seem normal to me.  I shouldn't have to feel like I'm starving my daughter in order to have a meal.  The pediatrician already has us restricting her milk intake.  She's only one and 30 lbs!  That makes her roughly the size of the average THREE YEAR OLD (according to the CDC's growth charts).  Am I doing something terribly wrong?  I mean, she eats good food.  Whole grains, vegetables.  After having a son who doesn't eat basically anything, ever, I thought we were blessed to have a daughter who's not picky.  But she's going too far in the other direction, to the point where I can't eat a meal when I'm home alone with her and she's awake.  And since she also doesn't sleep as much as the average baby, that means that sometimes I have to wait until 2 or 3 PM for her to take a nap so that I can eat lunch. 

That's what's pissing me off today. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2009, 02:36:04 pm »

ALSO: Holy Crap JL!

Uhhh...in what sense? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2009, 06:03:48 pm »

We made up today.  We went to Bob Evans for brunch and I ordered her her very own plate of scrambled eggs and toast. 

Then I let her eat my home fries. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2009, 08:11:36 pm »

Don't you guys still have like a trillion dollar deficit too?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2009, 08:12:17 pm »

Sounds like VA's tax forms. They want me to pay sales tax on things I bought online or in other states. If I go to Pennsylvania and order a pizza why should Virginia get 4.5% of that?
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2009, 09:03:42 pm »

Sounds like VA's tax forms. They want me to pay sales tax on things I bought online or in other states. If I go to Pennsylvania and order a pizza why should Virginia get 4.5% of that?

I'm no CPA, and certainly know nothing about VA's tax code, but I think generally that kind of tax is for stuff you buy outside of VA and intend to use in VA, and it's sometimes called a "use tax." So the pizza would be exempt. Unless, that is, VA's tax code sucks worse than UT's or WA's. Either way, still shitty and I imagine hard to enforce.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2009, 09:16:20 pm »

They're hamstrung by that whole property tax proviso y'alls got in your state constitution.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2009, 09:43:31 pm »

I'm no CPA, and certainly know nothing about VA's tax code, but I think generally that kind of tax is for stuff you buy outside of VA and intend to use in VA, and it's sometimes called a "use tax." So the pizza would be exempt. Unless, that is, VA's tax code sucks worse than UT's or WA's. Either way, still shitty and I imagine hard to enforce.

I know it excludes items under a certain dollar value, but it's really low. Like $1 or $5. It also excludes anything that I already paid another state's sales tax for which is why I used PA since I know they don't tax food.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2009, 09:48:44 pm »

I think that the real problem with California, both sides all sides politically, is the goddamned referendums.

Some rich guy with a wild hair up his ass, left right or centre, hires a bunch of college kids to harass you in front of Albertsons to sign the fuck*ng petition... it gets on page 256 of the vote, heaven help us if its on an off-year election, and depending on how much money's behind it, how confusingly its written and how many people show up to vote, all kinds of fuck*ng crazy things can take a spot in the law.

Even if there's no funding for it, even if it turns out that the thing eventually isn't constitutional, even if it ends up doing the opposite of what it intended because it was poorly thought through.

It brings all the wackos out of the woodwork all the fuck*ng time and it gums up the process to no. fuck*ng. end. You try to find a pragmatic solution to something with no easy answers, you finally fuck*ng hammer it out and get it on paper... and holy crap, here come 15,000 AM radio hacks with recall petitions and blah blah blah, they don't even believe in the things they're saying, they're just tweaking the actual process of law making to pop their fuck*ng Arbs.

The guy from "Twins" is our fuck*ng governour because radio douches thought it would push ad-revs to throw the seated dude out who, while certainly a middling figure, actually had some grasp of governance.

And the left wing's just as bad as the right wing. For every racist immigrant hating dealy and "lets shut down the schools so I can save my tax money and buy a summer house in Palm Desert" tax recall hossshit, there's some unenforcable tobacco ban or three trillion dollars for a public transit project that'll never happen.

It's just too big a political unit for all the work of a whole class of middle-of-the-road experienced technocrats that HAS to happen to make a state work to be constantly undermined by a new utopian plan by some dick living in a fallout shelter in Palmdale or whatever every third day. There's a reason why you need representative democracy once you get over maybe 800 people.

Direct democracy is great for electing your class president in the fourth grade but... holy shit.

I swear to God that if this state could just have a legislature and a governor and they made the laws and if you didn't like what they were doing, you could vote them out every two-to-four Novembers, about half of the problems with dissipate like candy floss in a January drizzle. I realize there's all kinds of problems that wouldn't be fixed, of course, but at least you could make real efforts at fixing them, with continuity to the process, if not for the goddamned referendums.

Some plan goes wrong for more than two weeks, idiots start drafting recall petitions and everyone gets the piss shivers.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Daily stuff that pisses me off...
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2009, 10:03:27 pm »

I swear to God that if this state could just have a legislature and a governor and they made the laws and if you didn't like what they were doing, you could vote them out every two-to-four Novembers, about half of the problems with dissipate like candy floss in a January drizzle. I realize there's all kinds of problems that wouldn't be fixed, of course, but at least you could make real efforts at fixing them, with continuity to the process, if not for the goddamned referendums.
There's some truth to that, but since the districts are all Gerrymandered to hell (though hopefully a referendum passed in the last election will begin to address that) the pols in Sacramento and Washington aren't worried about your "vote".  Its certainly the only reason I can think of that Pete "Nancy is too centrist" Stark is still my rep.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up