Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender  (Read 5236 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 10:05:08 pm »

Its always tough to judge when extreme circumstances merit suspension of ordinary rules of etiquette.  Fortunately, I rarely consult my manager in such events.  I'm decisive that way.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Am I avoiding the subject, or am I doing philosophy?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:12:24 pm »

Beef's side of the argument makes perfect sense to me. I guess that's why I don't have children.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:41:38 pm »

"But there is no bad time NOT to have a baby" is basically treasure. And I fully appreciate the irony of saying that with a pregnant Mrs. Haus next to me.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:01:26 pm »

An acquaintance of mine actually used the "we're not really prepared but poor people seem to do OK so we decided to just go for it" argument. Of course the couple were both huge indie-hipster eternally-in-grad-school douches.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 11:18:44 pm »

I am unable to imagine a scenario or point in my life where I will be willing to sign up for creating something that will yell at me for years and then take all of my money.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 11:28:05 pm »

You forget putting you in the Springfield Retirement Home in there.

That has already been promised (threatened) to me.

Have you been hit with the crooked home that they saw on 60 Minutes yet?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 01:04:47 am »

That argument is not as bad as it seems. You can never be freaking ready, really.

And if you think you are HAHAHAHAHA! SURPRISE!

Uhhh, no. No you are not.

Is so true. 

I took drugs to help me get pregnant the first time, I was so "ready."  But I still had that "OH DAMN WHAT DID I DO" moment about twice a week for...

Hell, I STILL have those, and he's three and half, and I even did it again since then.  Now I look at them both and go..."How exactly did this happen...twice?" 

That's the miracle of children.  You love them to pieces, would give your whole life to save theirs, but you can't quite figure out why. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 01:13:19 am »

By keeping your children alive until they have bred you are ensuring the propagation of your genetic material.

It's all in Dawkins, people.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 01:21:59 am »

That's the miracle of children.  You love them to pieces, would give your whole life to save theirs, but you can't quite figure out why. 

I'm still not seeing the upside here.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 02:33:00 am »

Quote
Of course the couple were both huge indie-hipster eternally-in-grad-school douches.

Wait.  I thought being loosely attached to a party subculture while having an educational institution foot most of the bill was 'winning your twenties' and not 'being a douche.'
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 02:47:16 am »

An acquaintance of mine actually used the "we're not really prepared but poor people seem to do OK so we decided to just go for it" argument. Of course the couple were both huge indie-hipster eternally-in-grad-school douches.
Jay Ell is not a douche. Take that back.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 02:51:34 am »

It is certainly possible to attend grad school and not be a douche. It's even possible to be a hipster and not be a douche. But these two take things to infuriating extremes. Plus they think they're better than you. And they haven't even met you. But they aren't afraid to tell you the many ways they are better.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 03:34:52 am »

Let us just admit that both of these things improve the chances of being a douche without necessarily guaranteeing douchehood.

(I have not been posting much lately because we went through a crisis where my brother had a seizure, the doctors briefly believed he had a malignant tumor which was then... re-examined down to a malformation of the veins in the brain that is potentially very dangerous but is basically quite treatable with a lot of work and time and seizure meds in the interm. So, like, I hope you did not miss my wordiness. The wordiness will slowly return.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: August 6, 2008 - Ted Kaczynski on a three-day Jäger bender
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 11:43:33 am »

Wait.  I thought being loosely attached to a party subculture while having an educational institution foot most of the bill was 'winning your twenties' and not 'being a douche.'

Are you saying there is some association between being in grad school and partying? WTF. Why didn't I go to that grad school? No one I know went to that grad school.

LFM, your brother has what that character in Six Feet Under had? I hated that show. The last thing I needed to know was that there were not only brain tumors to worry about, but strange things wrong with the veins in your brain. Hope he is OK.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up