Anyone watching the Olympics these days? I'll confess to being a huge Olympics nerd. I was fascinated by it as a young'un in 1984, and have followed the games with much interest ever since.
I don't much care for the gymnastics, or the swimming, or the basketball, or the soccer. I was excited to find that soccer and basketball had their own dedicated channels this time around, to free up the other eight members of the NBC family for the uncommon sports that I love to watch every four years - judo, table tennis, team handball, that sort of thing. So at this moment, here's what going on:
NBC Basketball Channel: USA-CZE women's basketball
NBC Soccer Channel: BRA-CZE women's soccer
Universal HD: BRA-CZE women's soccer
USA HD: USA-CZE women's basketball
MSNBC: BRA-CZE women's soccer
NBC: nothing until 10:30
CNBC: nothing until 5:00pm (really? on a Saturday? Who the hell is watching CNBC on a weekend?)
They DO have online feeds of everything going on, though, which is hot. I was up until 3:00 this morning watching judo and fencing. I have a feeling most of my niche fandom will be coming from the online feeds.