Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The get-together in that Chinese city  (Read 22789 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 11:37:45 am »

My friend who's watching a lot of the Olympics keeps referring to the three man dinghy races. She's making that up, isn't she?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 04:24:10 pm »

I think so - although every permutation of crew number from 1-8 and oar style (row or scull) and gender does seem to be competed.  Also kayaking.  And sailing.

I get a backache just watching those folks.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 07:02:27 pm »

They will find a way to turn his lack of media savvy into a selling point.  Sounds like they've already sold you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 04:45:53 am »

Did anyone else see Phelps in that last race where he won by 1/100th of a second. It was protested by the Serbian 2nd place coach and I believe rightly so. The slow-mo replay played over and over shows that the serbian really should have won, he was winning for the entire race and then somehow the sensor picked up Phelps first. Incredible, painful to watch stuff.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 06:48:58 am »

Ah, the Serbian wasn't really a Serbian, he was just an American of Serbian descent and the only reason they both are allowed to swim is because we can't test for the New and Exciting Drugs they're on yet. At some point, we'll find out that neither of them speak with their actual voices but rather with the voices of people less attractive but more eloquent than they are.

The fun will be figuring out which parts are fake, that's all, that's all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7562840.stm

Breakfast (and lunch and dinner) of champions, that is.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 02:09:21 pm »

It turns out that there really is one person and two person dinghy but here is the shocking part: I have somehow gone my entire life thinking that a dinghy is a rowboat and apparently it is actually a sailboat.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 04:43:08 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7562840.stm

Breakfast (and lunch and dinner) of champions, that is.

A bunch of people have tried eating his daily meals. A local news guy in DC tried breakfast and threw up less than halfway through. Some guy at the Guardian tried it too, but he ate something called "porridge" instead of grits.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 06:12:20 pm »

something called "porridge"
That would be oat-based grits.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 06:17:48 pm »

No one actually likes grits.  Ive learned this. People pretend to like grits, but they don't actually "like" grits. Its all an elaborate act put on by people south of Maryland. I have yet to see someone put plain grits in their mouth and be like "yeah, this stuff is awesome".
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 06:20:35 pm »

No one actually likes grits.  Ive learned this. People pretend to like grits, but they don't actually "like" grits. Its all an elaborate act put on by people south of Maryland. I have yet to see someone put plain grits in their mouth and be like "yeah, this stuff is awesome".

I agree that grits are not good food. But your description sounds a lot like beer to me. Or any acquired taste, really.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 06:32:05 pm »

Grits, like escargot or baked potato, is largely a vehicle for butter.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 06:54:06 pm »

I am watching men's trampoline at the moment. Men's gymnastics has a stigma of "fuck*ng gay" attached to it, but those guys are frickin' RIPPED to do what they do on those things. It's not my thing, but I try not to snicker too much about it.

Trampoline, on the other hand. This is gay. Super gay.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 07:06:02 pm »

I respect trampoline a little more after watching a world-class trampoliner on Ninja Warrior. He was no gas station employee but he was still pretty damn good.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2008, 07:17:23 pm »

But your description sounds a lot like beer to me.
MAY ALL YOUR SONS, AND THEIR SONS AFTER THEM, ON THEIR TWENTY-SIXTH BIRTHDAY, BECOME QUEEEEEEEER!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up