Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The get-together in that Chinese city  (Read 22812 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2008, 05:33:49 am »

Yeah, I eat tomatoes like apples.  Maybe a little salt, which would be ridiculous to put on an apple.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2008, 06:24:05 am »

yeah i'm with Doc, Paul, and Keith. Eat it like a potato: rinse, dry. bite, salt, repeat.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2008, 06:40:53 am »

Rise up my brothers! Throw off the chains of the oppressors!

yeah i'm with Doc, Paul, and Keith. Eat it like a potato: rinse, dry. bite, salt, repeat.
... wait a sec, I feel a schism coming on.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2008, 08:26:04 am »

But... all that slimey gooey seedy crap in the middle.

It just Isn't Good.

Chop it up salsa-style, it's one thing but... damn... eaten whole, you got the nice tomato meat but you gotta eat all that berry jizz with it.

And... no. That is not an acceptable answer.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2008, 01:23:20 pm »

Yeah, I eat tomatoes like apples.  Maybe a little salt, which would be ridiculous to put on an apple.

My dad puts salt on apple slices.  I've had it.  It's not bad.  Like kettle corn. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2008, 09:09:13 pm »

Good God, Ash.  Have you been reading the Stainless Steel Rat again?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2008, 09:24:46 pm »

TIRESOME
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2008, 10:49:39 pm »

yeah i'm with Doc, Paul, and Keith. Eat it like a potato: rinse, dry. bite, salt, repeat.

I prepare tomatoes the same way I prepare potatoes. I leave them sitting, untouched, in the store. I walk past. I may glance at them, I may not. They are merely decoration on the way to the stuff I do eat.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2008, 11:29:50 pm »

What have you guys got against nightshades?

Wikipedia's calling you unamerican, by the way:

Quote from: Wikipedia
In the United States, potatoes are simply beloved: they have become one of the most widely consumed crops and thus have a variety of preparation methods and condiments.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2008, 12:17:01 am »

What's not to like about potatoes?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2008, 01:47:12 am »

What's not to like about potatoes?

Texture, mostly. Too squishy. The only potato products I eat are fries and chips, where texture is rendered moot.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2008, 04:00:30 pm »

I like potatoes in certain forms.  Chips and fries, good.  Mashed or baked, fine (with lots of butter and absolutely no lumps).  Hash browns...I'll choke them down if they're good and crispy.  But under no circumstances will I eat potato salad, potatoes au gratin, or soup with big chunks of potatoes floating it. 

Loaded potato skins, for some reason, are OK.  I think the cheese and bacon mask the potato texture sufficiently.  Plus, I load them down with sour cream. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2008, 04:10:18 pm »

Can you do a potato pierogi, JL?

Please say yes so you can be my friend.

It is my secret shame that although I am very Polish I have never had Peirogi. 

Gramma don't cook no more. 

I have had empanada at my MIL's house, tho, and I can do that just fine. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2008, 04:35:53 pm »

Potatoes are God's way of saying that being in trouble is a fake idea.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The get-together in that Chinese city
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2008, 06:08:19 pm »

It is my secret shame that although I am very Polish I have never had Peirogi. 


OMG that is the saddest thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up