Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday LFM!  (Read 1864 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday LFM!
« on: August 14, 2008, 03:13:35 am »

May you have as many happy returns as is necessary to see the People's Glorious Revolution!

I'm jus' messing with ya, have a good one ya big lug.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday LFM!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 04:12:03 am »

Happy Birthday Old Man.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday LFM!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 04:27:22 am »

I was going to write you a seventeen stanza ode to commemorate your special day
But then I wrote a two page article on urban dead for my non-job
And now I'm out of juice.  So instead you get this crappy
Free verse, and a quote from Robert Frost: Writing free verse
Is like playing tennis
With the net down. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday LFM!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 09:50:48 am »

Many thanks, y'all!

What I got for my birthday was pretty much all I could ask for... the news that while my brother's neurological ailment is potentially very scary, having caught it now and early, it is very treatable and... until the treatment can take its course, medicine can control the symptoms.

Also, to a much lesser but very cool extent, I got a laptop computer for my birthday as well.

I have joined the 21st Century late but here I am.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday LFM!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 09:53:02 am »

Happy Birthday man and good luck with everything.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday LFM!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 01:22:22 pm »

Happy birthday, dude!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday LFM!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 07:38:00 pm »

Everyone needs a nemesis. That is LFM's birthday gift to you, Ash.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday LFM!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 06:22:42 pm »

But then I wrote a two page article on urban dead for my non-job

At first I read this as "urban undead." And then I was disappointed when I re-read it.

Oh, and happy belated b-day, LFM. A laptop is an awesome present.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up