Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: monitor power cord  (Read 6889 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: monitor power cord
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 03:57:13 pm »

Wait, are there non-electric coffee makers?

Another thing you'd know already if you watched Good Eats.  Alton uses a cone-style drip filter on top of a thermos-like serving device.  Put your grounds in the cone, then pour recently-boiling water through that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: monitor power cord
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 04:01:36 pm »

Im so glad I didnt live in your prehistoric america, all listening to records while you pour boiling water into a thermos.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: monitor power cord
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 04:08:22 pm »

I used to have a hydro-electric powered kettle, but I couldn't take my dam to work with me so I traded it in on a wind powered one.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: monitor power cord
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 04:22:09 pm »

I just don't drink anything that would require boiling water. But I'm weird like that.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: monitor power cord
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 06:13:57 pm »

Yeah I got one of those too.

I think this is the point at which I derail the thread by declaring perk ever so superior to any form of drip coffee making.

Oh man... when I first started drinking coffee, it was from one of the old glass capped percolators.   Then when I went to drip coffee, I stopped drinking coffee.

A-greed.

Quote from: Pete

There was a giraffe... IN the percolator!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: monitor power cord
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 12:58:07 am »

A-Cap, you asked about setting your old box up as a server: http://www.webmonkey.com/tutorial/Set_Up_a_Home_Server
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up