Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR  (Read 15278 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2003, 06:15:09 am »

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Wedge; in the movies Wedge is a clean-shaven dark-haired guy. The fat guy they are talking about looks kind of like the John candy character in 'Spaceballs' without the ears and tail.

Wedge Antilles

[Queen O'Geeks]My wife perused the script further and found your fat, friendly X-wing pilot on page 129. Red 6, Also known as Porkins.  [/Queen O'Geeks]

Other Geeks Said this about Lt. Porkins   
   
Homeworld:Bestine IV
Species:Human
Gender:Male
Height:1.8 meters
Weapon:Blaster pistol
Vehicle:X-wing starfighter
Affiliation:Rebel Alliance
   
Lieutenant Porkins bore the com-designation Red Six during the Battle of Yavin. This young Rebel starfighter pilot was a friend of Biggs Darklighter. Though his X-wing fighter was maneuverable enough to avoid the Death Star's sluggish turbolasers, a mechanical malfunction hampered his ability to dodge enemy fire. His fighter was hit by the Imperial weapons emplacement, bursting into fiery fragments, and killing Porkins immediately.

Here endeth the lesson.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2003, 06:31:15 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
My wife perused the script further and found your fat, friendly X-wing pilot on page 129. Red 6, Also known as Porkins.


God bless you. And your wife. And that book which I seem to have mislayed...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2003, 04:02:53 pm »

OK then, ever notice how much Lt. Porkins looks like George Lucas?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2003, 08:03:43 pm »

"Lt. Porkins." Huh. Well, I'm edified for the day.

Time to go find Star Wars fans and one-up them at their own game. Or possibly register ltporkinsestrogensquad.net.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2003, 10:53:40 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Or possibly register ltporkinsestrogensquad.net.


Is that a veiled Microserfs reference? I'm trying to remember what Susan's 'Charlie's Angels' type feminism group was called in that.

(Could have done without the chunky days comments from them, but then all my girlfriends have had the same conversations around me so you're never safe.)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2003, 11:22:45 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Or possibly register ltporkinsestrogensquad.net.


Is that a veiled Microserfs reference? I'm trying to remember what Susan's 'Charlie's Angels' type feminism group was called in that.

My intended reference was to all the fangirl cliques calling themselves "The (Favored/Sexy Male Character) Estrogen Squad," but I'll take obscure veiled references wherever I can get 'em.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2003, 06:44:16 pm »

To revive this long off-topic/dead thread, some relevant news that many of you have probably already seen:
Peter Jackson confirms that the Scouring was apparently never filmed and that the Saruman "wrap-up" material, all seven minutes of it, is being cut from the RotK theatrical release and will only be seen on the DVD.

Part of me understands the cinematic pacing issues he's facing, but part of me has the vague feeling of being cheated. With each movie, the sensation that I'm really buying a ticket to a trailer and will have to shill out to see the real movie gets stronger and stronger... sigh.
Logged

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2003, 07:16:26 pm »

And, unfortunately, Christopher Lee had to learn over the internet that he'd been completely cut out of the movie:
http://www.news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2169839
Ouch.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2003, 07:49:51 pm »

Ouch indeed.  Seems pretty grade-schooly, like getting your friend to break up with soemone for you.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2003, 08:40:22 pm »

Quote from: "FeeReep"
And, unfortunately, Christopher Lee had to learn over the internet that he'd been completely cut out of the movie

Wow, that is stone cold. My faith level in PJ continues to drop...
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2003, 09:36:29 pm »

Actually, this is just an AICN rumour, so Lee's scene could still be in the film.

There's evidently a petition now to "Bring Back Sarumon!" but I hope Jackson sticks to his guns, no matter what he decides.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2003, 10:18:19 pm »

That would be SarumAn, Jough.

SarumOn was the treacherous Digimon who used his magical powers and hypnotic voice to get other digimon to do his bidding.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2003, 11:04:32 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Actually, this is just an AICN rumour


Of course you can always believe everything you read on the internet.  Especially when they come from such official sources as those cited in this thread.  Myself, I only trust content from FARK.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2003, 12:23:04 am »

Out of curiosity, August, how'd you know that?
Not that I'm not impressed.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2003, 12:40:33 am »

I figured I wasn't spelling it right.  The difference between us is that I didn't really care enough to look it up.

Not that that's the only difference.  Heavens.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up