Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not even trying to hide it...  (Read 2228 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Not even trying to hide it...
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:47:22 pm »

God knows, I'm no prude - but I saw this billboard for a casino near my in-laws and thought it was pretty cheeky:



No "card room", or "excitement", or "action" euphemisms.  The casino is saying "get yer risk-induced endorphins here!  NOW!"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Not even trying to hide it...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 12:19:38 pm »

I read that the wrong way round to start with.

Period.
More often.
THE RUSH.

Not a nice image.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Not even trying to hide it...
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 12:21:29 pm »

I read that the wrong way round to start with.

Period.
More often.
THE RUSH.

Not a nice image.

Yeah me too. Not cool.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Not even trying to hide it...
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 03:02:49 pm »

I, too, had a flash vision of a Period that "rushes" more often. Here i was thinking that everyone was in agreement that periods should be less of a "gush", i mean... "rush"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Not even trying to hide it...
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 12:58:25 pm »

Aunt Flo visits the casino too?

I hope she doesn't start visiting with us more often. Once a month for a week is totally adequate.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Not even trying to hide it...
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 06:22:12 pm »

The Rush!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Not even trying to hide it...
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 10:32:23 pm »

More Often!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Not even trying to hide it...
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 10:59:22 pm »

Good to see everyone's minds are wired up properly here, then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up