Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: drip drop drip drop (11-07-03)  (Read 7677 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

captainimpossibles

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop (11-07-03)
« on: November 07, 2003, 10:42:31 am »

I win this race, ladies. I'm like the guy who comes out of nowhere in the marathon and vomits in the trophy.

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:22:53 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 10:54:51 am »

More fearful of Philippe's fate than ever now :\
that shed greatly resembles danger!  
..but who knows, perhaps nice people with ice cream will await him in there ....hah
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 11:11:01 am »

No, it will all resolve with wacky hijincks. It will. It will!

And damn, this art is amazing. A lot of days I barely even look at the visuals, but this has been fanstastic.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 11:28:48 am »

I wish I knew how to type the terrible pained whine that I emitted upon looking at today's strip.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 12:05:01 pm »

Mmmmm, atmospheric.

Phillipe's toast.  I expect the next Ray's Place to have this question: "How do you get blood out of an adorable little bumblebee suit?".
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 01:32:15 pm »

My god this is terrifying.  The last two years have been setting up the knot in my stomach.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2003, 01:39:03 pm »

What?  That little building's windows are boarded up so that nobody can tell that there's ice cream inside!  

That's what makes it super-secret!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 01:49:59 pm »

I must say that's the the boarded up windows that totally make the building perfect.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 02:09:45 pm »

If Nice Pete does anything bad to Philippe, I will hunt him down and kill him.  I don't care that he's a cartoon character.  You leave Philippe alone, you mofo.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 02:21:46 pm »

Damn, this is bleak.  

I agree that these bleak nightime scenes have shown off some of the most inventive and nice art in awhile.  I guess dread and murder are Onstad's muses.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 03:04:50 pm »

Damn that Onstad!  He's torturing us.  A cliffhanger of all things.  Why I oughta pound him!

If this damn strip weren't so wonderful, I would, I tells you.  Now I've got to worry about Phillippe all weekend.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2003, 03:42:43 pm »

Gah!
Erm.... what to say that hasn't been said.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2003, 04:07:57 pm »

It's all a dream. It's all a dream. It's all a dream.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2003, 04:08:22 pm »

It somehow doesn't surprise me that pure melancholy and fear get Onstad's greatest art in a long time.

I'm still hopeful, though, because this really doesn't sound like a Nice Pete murder setup to me. He's a little more... wham-bam, you know? If he wanted Philippe dead, he'd already be dead. (wishful thinking, but humor me...)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2003, 05:21:27 pm »

I fully expect there to be ice cream awaiting Philippe, and all the gang to show up there while Nice Pete and Phil are licking their cones (easy fellas) and both of them looking at everyone like "What?"
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up