Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: drip drop drip drop (11-07-03)  (Read 7673 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2003, 05:34:43 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I fully expect there to be ice cream awaiting Philippe, and all the gang to show up there while Nice Pete and Phil are licking their cones (easy fellas) and both of them looking at everyone like "What?"


This wouldn't surprise me. Especially if it turned out there were bodies in all the closets and stuff. NP just wouldn't realize that this would creep out other people.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2003, 05:51:45 pm »

Maybe it'll be hot fudge sundaes served out of hollowed librarian skulls.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2003, 06:11:32 pm »

Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Maybe it'll be hot fudge sundaes served out of hollowed librarian skulls.

I don't know why I find this image so compelling, but it is.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2003, 06:47:42 pm »

I feel like I should mention now that this week is the first one I can think of where it's been raining consistently here in the Bay Area.  The only possible conclusion to make is that Achewood controls the weather, since it's also been raining in the strip almost all week.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2003, 06:48:50 pm »

Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Maybe it'll be hot fudge sundaes served out of hollowed librarian skulls.


At first I read this as "hollowed libertarian skulls."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Thak

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2003, 06:55:04 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I fully expect there to be ice cream awaiting Philippe, and all the gang to show up there while Nice Pete and Phil are licking their cones (easy fellas) and both of them looking at everyone like "What?"


But, there is no electricity going to the shed, to keep any icecream from melting.
Logged

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2003, 06:55:16 pm »

Quote from: "MSC"
I agree that these bleak nightime scenes have shown off some of the most inventive and nice art in awhile.  I guess dread and murder are Onstad's muses.


Ditto.  I am digging this whole Achewood noir approach.  All though we are all aghast at the horrible thought of something dire happening to Phillippe, let us not forget how danged violent the strip has been, what with the shootings and the golf carts off of cliffs.
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

V-Adore

  • Guest
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2003, 07:10:44 pm »

Quote from: "Lane"
Ditto.  I am digging this whole Achewood noir approach.  All though we are all aghast at the horrible thought of something dire happening to Phillippe, let us not forget how danged violent the strip has been, what with the shootings and the golf carts off of cliffs.

Yeah, but that's Beef. I love the guy, but it's also just sort of the natural flow of his life for him to constantly be near-death (or there) and in bad emotional situations. Beef is beyond helping, but Philippe we really feel for.

That, and how can you not feel sympathy for a five-year-old otter dressed as a "bumble-bee?"
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2003, 07:20:53 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
I feel like I should mention now that this week is the first one I can think of where it's been raining consistently here in the Bay Area.  The only possible conclusion to make is that Achewood controls the weather, since it's also been raining in the strip almost all week.


Philippe's not sad because it's raining. It's raining because he's sad.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
And at the last minute...
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2003, 07:24:16 pm »

...Phillipe morphs into Angry Teenaged Phillipe (TM) and defeats the serial killer with his sharp sarcasm and deadening disaffection.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2003, 07:29:11 pm »

I think whether this situation gets good or exponentially worse will depend entirely on who the first one is to find Nice Pete and Philippe.  I would like to posit that the hands-down worst outcome would be if Pat gets there first.  (with or without Arthur in tow)
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2003, 07:39:28 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
I would like to posit that the hands-down worst outcome would be if Pat gets there first.  (with or without Arthur in tow)


Well, it is Pat's fault that they're stuck with Nice Pete in the first place. Maybe he could get all killed for once.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2003, 08:11:26 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Maybe it'll be hot fudge sundaes served out of hollowed librarian skulls.

I don't know why I find this image so compelling, but it is.


Spoken like a person who's been shushed one time too many.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2003, 08:52:21 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
If Nice Pete does anything bad to Philippe, I will hunt him down and kill him.  I don't care that he's a cartoon character.  You leave Philippe alone, you mofo.


Count me in.  We'll start a DC area posse and go on a road trip to find him and rip him apart with our bare hands and cook his still beating heart in a pot of Roast Beef's Five Dollar Chili.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
drip drop drip drop 7/11
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2003, 09:32:57 pm »

Aaaaaaagh!

was my response.  I agree with wombat on this one.  The part that really clinched it for me was how little Phillip doesn't even have arms to climb down from the van, let alone defend himself...
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up