Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: OBAMA + BIDEN  (Read 6383 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 01:46:00 am »

I'm going to watch Obama's speech tonight because I've never seen anyone assassinated on LIVE TV before.  Should be awesome.

Dammit, Jough, now we're all going to end up on the no-fly list.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 01:48:08 am »

What did that guy say? I didnt see anything, did you see anything? I know of a guy named Jough, but thats the extent of our relationship.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 01:48:42 am »

Dammit, Jough, now we're all going to end up on the no-fly list.


Yeah, and I wanted to go to Australia!
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 01:56:04 am »

Prank Call!  Prank Call!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 02:48:36 am »

I'll just sit here content in the fact that your intelligence agencies aren't so sprawling and arrogant to bother themselves with people in sovereign nations.
Oh, gotta go, someone at the door.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 03:09:42 am »

I'm going to watch Obama's speech tonight because I've never seen anyone assassinated on LIVE TV before.  Should be awesome.

Really, though, his speech had better be great, given the BALLS he has of scheduling it in a football stadium on the 45th anniversary of King's "I Have a Dream" speech.


Speech: NAILED. Hit out of the ballpark.

For shits and giggles, afterward we switched from MSNBC (which had Olbermann fangirl-squealing) to Fox News to see what the coverage during the long outro was. It was a musical overlay -- not what was being played at the event, by CNN/MSNBC/NPR feeds -- with menacing minor keys reaching scary crescendos whenever a close up of Obama. I shit you not. So I buy that picture that started this thread.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 03:39:14 am »

All I'm saying is... I prefered Senator Clinton at the start of this dance and...

I'm sold.

I don't know if he can actually do all that stuff but... I'll vote for a guy who'll genuinely try to pull that all off.

All the dude's sayin' is give hope a chance.

And, like, okay. I will.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 03:41:44 am »

All I'm saying is... I prefered Senator Clinton at the start of this dance and...

I'm sold.

I don't know if he can actually do all that stuff but... I'll vote for a guy who'll genuinely try to pull that all off.

All the dude's sayin' is give hope a chance.

And, like, okay. I will.

MAGICAL BLACK MAN (cf. Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson, Don Cheadle)
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 03:47:27 am »

MAGICAL BLACK MAN (cf. Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson, Don Cheadle)

Anyone telling me that similarity to Don Cheadle is a reason not to vote for someone is a person whose opinion I don't need.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 04:18:23 am »

That Obama is one articulate, thoughtful man.  It's going to be weird having a president who can speak well and not say stupid things all the time.  I may even not have to be a little embarrassed to be an American when traveling abroad.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 08:01:40 am »

For shits and giggles, afterward we switched from MSNBC (which had Olbermann fangirl-squealing) to Fox News to see what the coverage during the long outro was.

You missed a magical moment. They had a panel with Pat Buchanan on it to discuss the speech. When Buchanan's turn came up everyone turned to him to see the inevitable roasting. What they got was a declaration that this was the greatest convention speech he'd ever heard, followed by extensive pointing-out of the bits he found most moving. They had to cut him off for time. All the other panelists had expressions like they'd wandered into Bizarro World.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 02:28:37 pm »

You missed a magical moment. They had a panel with Pat Buchanan on it to discuss the speech. When Buchanan's turn came up everyone turned to him to see the inevitable roasting. What they got was a declaration that this was the greatest convention speech he'd ever heard, followed by extensive pointing-out of the bits he found most moving. They had to cut him off for time. All the other panelists had expressions like they'd wandered into Bizarro World.

Pat...

Buchanan ....

what the ...
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 05:05:49 pm »

Someone's got to find that online and link to it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 09:32:48 pm »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMA + BIDEN
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008, 11:26:27 pm »

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up