Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just for Laughs  (Read 1841 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Just for Laughs
« on: August 28, 2008, 01:28:35 am »

Since I don't know how long this link will work:

When not to hyphenate your married name
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Just for Laughs
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:16:50 am »

I like to think in some of those cases it was their terrible last name that brought them together. I mean until Butt and McCraken met, who else did they know who could understand their pain?
Or alternately looking at Macdonald and Berger I think it's clear neither of them want to be there but they saw the possibility to make a terrible pun and so they had to get married, no choice.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Just for Laughs
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:40:34 am »

In a lot of those they list the mans name first which is not how a woman would hyphenate her name.  For instance Best-Lay would actually be Lay-Best.  Bush-Rasch would stand though.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up