Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot  (Read 3005 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

milhouse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
"Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:44:40 pm »

For those of you into Rock Band one of this weeks releases is; and I quote-
"Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot, inspired by the award-winning webcomic "Achewood" and featuring Brad Sucks.

Here's the link http://ps3.ign.com/articles/906/906880p1.html
Logged
Three mute birds, walking in procession,

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: "Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:56:08 pm »

This song is great.  I'm surprised it's never come up here.  It's from Frontalot's latest album "Secrets from the Future," and it is one of his better songs.  He didn't play it in concert presumably because the Venn diagram of nerdcore fans and Achewood fans yields an area less impressive than Rhode Island.  The song has an indie rock feel to it.  It tells a story, borrows phrases and situations from the strip.  It's kind of exciting to listen to.  Frontalot is secretly the guy that wrote the theme to Ray's advice column.

Song Sample

The lyric sheet has links to the strips it references.  Neat!

Oop!  Just found the original Song Fight page this song came from as well as a full MP3 from an earlier recording.  Woo hoo!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 04:00:52 pm by Pedro Picasso »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: "Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 05:05:14 pm »

it sounds like Beck kind of. At the beginning.

I dislike nerdcore. it bugs me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: "Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 06:29:00 pm »

I heard the Song Fight version on Radio Achewood back when Onstad first picked it as the strip's "official theme song." Frontalot's stuff is hit or miss with me. I do like his song about being eaten by a grue. The only other nerdcore I know is MC Chris, and I only really like Fette's Vette from him.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: "Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 07:43:25 pm »

I *heart* Damien Hess. 

That is all. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: "Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:10:11 pm »

I am just too old. I like the idea theoretically, but in reality, this song would be good if they took out all the parts that are rapping, basically.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: "Livin' on the Corner of Dude and Catastrophe" by MC Frontalot
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 08:12:42 pm »

Man if i wasn't entirely busy staring at spreadsheets all day, Id want to put this to an achewood music video.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up