Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos  (Read 7150 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« on: September 03, 2008, 06:57:50 pm »

Special 8-page Color Dark hoss comic

As with faux-mexican food, the more adjectives one puts in front of an Achewood comic, the less satisfying it will be.
Lots of words (salt) but not much comedy (quality beans) in this one, I am sad to say.  Although I did enjoy the matching track suits.   This... pleases me.

I apologize for the broken link, but the asinine word filter on this board changes H-O-R-S-E to HOSS, even inside urls.  That is some amateur shenanigans right there.



[edit: replaced url with a tiA-CAPrl to bypass the filter - Cort]
[edit the 2nd: FUCK! There's a filter on that, too! - Cort]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:56:06 pm by CortJstr »
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 07:06:34 pm »

meh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:30:43 pm »

That was a lot of effort for not much funny.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 08:13:36 pm »

Im not saying it was worth all the build up, but that final frame brightened my day.
"I thought YOU were gonna benefit the nation, dogg! Turns out you're just gonna electively throw up six pounds of tacos in my Caddy. I thought tonight was gonna be different, T"

[P.S. "electively" is not an actual word. He made that word up.]
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 08:29:47 pm »

Did we all read the same comic?

Onstad is to sentence technology what hell is to places where the damned dwell.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 08:58:41 pm »

I want a kiss from Churchill's liver.
The correct thread title, IMO.

Also: what happened to the stone-y eyes?  Were they actually smoking tobacco in the bong?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:03:06 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

memnarch

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 11:03:26 pm »

It's possible that their overindulgent feast of imitation Mexican cuisine caused their high to wear off. Then again, I've never smoked pot, but I know plenty of people who have....

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Color strips are a rarity in Achewood, so that alone was nice to see. I also loved the whole tracksuit/fondue preparations. Only a stoned Teodor and Beef would think they needed fondue materials on a road trip.

Finally, is "japans" really a word? I've tried finding it, but to no avail!
Logged
I...but...it's...not...it's totally...it's...Y...you're not the boss of...me? -Scott Pilgrim

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 11:25:01 pm »

I enjoyed the thing the RSS feed told me was not a strip a little more than the comic itself. Not that I didn't enjoy the latter, you understand. I just saw new Achewood and wasn't prepared for the long-form version, which is (appropriately) different in character as well as in length.

Perhaps I will read it again when I'm more in the mood. But I'm not exactly going to make it a priority.

I will sum up my response using the Gauntlet of Emotion.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 11:59:32 pm »

Well now that I've completely fucked up the 1st post, let me say I enjoyed this, despite viewing it requiring turning down 27 cookies from myspace and guessing which of the 3 flash objects contained the actual comic.

Did their "one of everything" order include items from the secret "breast man" menu?
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 12:30:30 am »

"We could show the world that we all just havin' a fine old time here in America, thank you very much! This could be the trip to Taco Bell that saves the nation!".

Ray's plans always seem like the epitome of rationality when I'm stoned. Ah, the magical weed wavelength...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:10:34 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 12:58:57 am »

I try to make my blog have an "eternal quality", but I am lucid enough to realize that I am too young to make it happen. The gland in my brain that creates sentences has a few more years left to mature.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 01:34:23 am »

Cats get stoned, drive around aimlessly, eat fast food, and it makes them sick! Ha! Ha! Ha! It is the funny!
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 01:51:26 am »

I'm pretty fond of the Patrón Añejo as my top shelf style tequila.  The Silver the boys seem to have taken is like tequila vodka - distilled within an inch of its life and bottled.  Might as well be vodka.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 03:11:00 am »

Dammit, the two best lines from this were "Hawks are amazing birds, but I don't 'believe' in them. That's where you run into problems", and "Who wants to go to high school…IN MY #####!", and neither of those were actually in the strip proper.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 3 September 2008 - Electively throw up six pounds of tacos
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 03:22:33 am »

Yeah I read this right when I woke up (never a good time for me) and thought it was okay, pretty funny, nothing to post about or anything.  As much as I sometimes privately dislike you people(momentarily of course) for being all down on Onstad all the time, Achewood is, well, not at it's peak anymore.  (on the other hand, you all are fools for not digging the sandwich wars, that is amazing)  However, I went back a few hours ago and the Hawk line, which I didn't notice earlier, made me laugh out loud for at least 30 seconds.  Not bad at all.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up