Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limestone Quarry (11-10-03)  (Read 6598 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2003, 01:20:12 am »

Quote from: "slink"
And naturally, the Tetris piece ought to be falling at a constant rate, and it's only about a third up the sreen, so he had a relatively long time to choose.
But, with a piece like that!!


Who knows what level his mental Tetris is on, though?  Could really be any speed... as for your marriage proposal, I'm charmed to see that my lifelong geekiness has finally garnered me some r.e.s.p.e.c.t.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2003, 01:31:11 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
r.e.s.p.e.c.t.


Well, it depends on if you sang that or not?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2003, 01:38:35 am »

I was terrified of the mockery that would ensue if I admitted to having Tetris dreams too, but now I'm just jelouse.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2003, 01:48:44 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Well, it depends on if you sang that or not?


Mentally.  And against my wishes, I might add.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2003, 01:50:52 am »

I don't have Tetris dreams, but I have chess dreams sometimes.

Last night I had a DVD boxed set dream - where I was in this horrible huge shopping mall and found this little mom and pop type antique store that just happened to have a copy of some DVD boxed set that made me very very excited.

It turns out it was the complete Magnificent Ambersons with two discs of extra behind-the-scenes footage.  It also turned out it was the only copy on DVD in existence.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2003, 04:10:13 am »

you know what, that piece is not so bad. if he rotates it clockwise once, and puts the nub in the tetris hole, it will get him a double line and form a baricade on one side. He wont get a tetris for a while, and he will need a couple of those long ones, but this is not the worst possible situation he could be in really.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2003, 04:26:03 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"

Mentally.  And against my wishes, I might add.


Aaaah, that'll do...
*down on one knee*

I should really start hanging out at lan parties looking for viable women.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2003, 04:27:09 am »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
you know what, that piece is not so bad. if he rotates it clockwise once, and puts the nub in the tetris hole, it will get him a double line and form a baricade on one side. He wont get a tetris for a while, and he will need a couple of those long ones, but this is not the worst possible situation he could be in really.


*shivers with salacious delight*
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2003, 04:57:25 am »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
you know what, that piece is not so bad. if he rotates it clockwise once, and puts the nub in the tetris hole, it will get him a double line and form a baricade on one side. He wont get a tetris for a while, and he will need a couple of those long ones, but this is not the worst possible situation he could be in really.


So, what you're really saying here is that you're really Roast Beef and that you've been posting here as doomglobe incognito all along.

Nice work, Cassandra.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2003, 05:05:19 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Last night I had a DVD boxed set dream - where I was in this horrible huge shopping mall and found this little mom and pop type antique store that just happened to have a copy of some DVD boxed set that made me very very excited.

It turns out it was the complete Magnificent Ambersons with two discs of extra behind-the-scenes footage.  It also turned out it was the only copy on DVD in existence.

Oh. My. GOD.

I think I would be forced to either invent technology to bootleg my copy of that DVD or fight you to the death for it. My GOD.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2003, 12:42:39 pm »

Whole-heartedly in agreement with V here, and confessing that I too know that genre of dream, 'cept mine run more towards the literary-- A lovely new annotated edition of Finnengans Wake or something.  Man, my dreams suck.  This is probably indicative of some terrible problem with my subconscious mind...
Logged
goose means greedy

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2003, 05:36:10 pm »

The thing about the tetris piece is that it seems to be coming down at an angle, so no matter how he turns it, it's just not going to line up with anything else.  Also, I got the impression that he's not literally playing tetris in his head (althoug he may well be, in retrospect) but rather that it's symbolic of his inability to make the day's events fit together in an acceptable way.  

Then again, maybe not.  

If you think Tetris dreams are bad, try playing Sim City 4 for six hours and then trying to sleep.  Although Pedro tells me that Day of Defeat dreams are worse, because they involve sitting in a trench while people shoot at you.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2003, 05:36:36 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
I was terrified of the mockery that would ensue if I admitted to having Tetris dreams too, but now I'm just jelouse.


It seems Tetris dreams aren't all that uncommon.  But they still stress me out.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
11/10 -- Limestone Quarry
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2003, 05:44:18 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Although Pedro tells me that Day of Defeat dreams are worse, because they involve sitting in a trench while people shoot at you.


I've had similair dreams set off buy a flight sim I played at one point, and had probably played Medal of Honour as well. Though said war was taking place in my primary school's yard and neighbouring gardens. Which was odd.
And I've had dreams set off by other FPS which involved me shooting at people and eventually being shot.
Strangest was probably the phase I had when I was dreaming Quake lots, and every time I heard a dog bark in the street I'd turn to shoot it... Ws kind of an odd reaction to develop.
My dreams are usually too strange to even seem related to something though. So no Tetris dreams for me, even back when I owned a Gameboy.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up