Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin & Orloff  (Read 4201 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Martin & Orloff
« on: November 10, 2003, 04:20:21 pm »

The ad on the Achewood page is starting to bug me. Does anyone know if this movie is somehow affiliated with Achewood or the 'stad or anything? I looked for the name of the "Cabin Fever" guy, but having entirely forgotten that guy's name, I have no idea.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 04:22:58 pm »

I'm trying to figure out what ECW is. Extreme Championship Wrestling?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 06:06:30 pm »

That's the only association I have for the acronym, personally.

I think what really bugs me about the ad is the Random Capitalization of Words that should Not be Capitalized in normal Written Language.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 06:10:06 pm »

Yes, the one guy is a former wrestler.

Maybe Onstad's just a big Upright Citizen's Brigade or David Cross fan, as am I.

UCB Season 1 just came out on DVD on Tuesday.  Woo-hoo.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 07:02:56 pm »

UCB was AWESOME.

If the "Little Donny" foundation show is on that DVD, I must have it.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 07:18:59 pm »

Yes, it's the last episode of the first season, I believe.

It's cheap now, too: $16.20 at DeepDiscountDVD.com

Not bad for a 2-disc season of a very funny dada-inspired tv show.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 08:21:07 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Yes, the one guy is a former wrestler.

Maybe Onstad's just a big Upright Citizen's Brigade or David Cross fan, as am I.

UCB Season 1 just came out on DVD on Tuesday.  Woo-hoo.


Does this mean throughout the movie the audience chants E-C-Dub? Is Raven involved in any way?

I want to see the Vacant Lot and Viva Variety again.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 08:50:47 pm »

Hi,

Yeah, I don't actually, um, know anything about the customs or characters of pro wrestling.  I just read the bio sheet at the film's web site and saw that one of the "actors" was a former pro wrestler.

Love,

-- J.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 09:27:29 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I want to see the Vacant Lot and Viva Variety again.

There is a hole in my soul that can only be filled by Viva Variety. That show was pure genius.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 09:39:02 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I want to see the Vacant Lot and Viva Variety again.

There is a hole in my soul that can only be filled by Viva Variety. That show was pure genius.


I don't know what either of those shows are.  Do these shows fill some human need?  Will those who have never seen them suffer some tragic demise?

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 09:46:42 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I don't know what either of those shows are.  Do these shows fill some human need?  Will those who have never seen them suffer some tragic demise?

Yes.

Viva Variety posed itself as an eastern-european variety show, advertising products such as "Baby is a Middle-Aged Jazz Musician" (pull the string and it says "Yeah, I'd play you some Miles, but you just wouldn't understand,"), game shows like "Plant or Animal", where an audience member would decide whether a given sound clip was made by Robert Plant or an animal, and the ongoing saga of Jonny Blue Jeans in "Hugo the Talking Yugo".

Plus they booked some awesome bands.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2003, 09:52:54 pm »

You know what, I kinda barely remember Viva Variety now.  I think Reel Big giraffe played on it once.  

Vivaaaaaaaaa Varrrrrrrrr(rolled)iety, right?  With the co-host Johnny Something?

Memory fails me.  I'm sure I don't mind not seeing this one anymore.  I may have watched it only once.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2003, 10:07:32 pm »

Johnny Bluejeans.  He was more the sidekick/Ed McMahon type; the hosts were Mr. and the former Mrs. Laupin.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2003, 10:35:05 pm »

Thanks Carlos - in my after-work haze I wasn't coming up with their names.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2003, 10:45:11 pm »

Wasn't Thomas Lennon of The State also on Viva Variety?

*checks iMDB*

Yes, indeed he was Msr. Maurice Laupin!

Viva my memory!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up