Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin & Orloff  (Read 4196 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2003, 10:46:22 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
game shows like "Plant or Animal", where an audience member would decide whether a given sound clip was made by Robert Plant or an animal

This sounds funny and also pretty challenging. Hell, I don't know if I could do that.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 11:01:20 pm »

Actually most if not all of VV's actors were from The State. It ran on Comedy Central in like '96. Probably during their "original programming every night at 10" kick. They also had a troupe of dancers which the American censors forced them to keep "covered in a criminal amount of clothing."

I loved their ad for Viva Variety cigarettes. Since you can't advertise them on American TV the entire ad was them saying how horrible smoking is and that it will kill you in the most sensual way possible. The dancers were dressed as school girls and said "smoking is bad. We're bad."

Vacant Lot is really really obscure. It was on Comedy Central in '93ish. They had some hilarious music videos (Slept on His Arms Last Night and This Song's Gonna Make a Great Video were classics) and just generally weird sketches. Like the human piņata.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 11:38:24 pm »

I'm just glad some members of The State found work with Reno 911; that show is goddamn hilarious.

(I keep hearing this rumor that The State: Skits and Stickers will be released on DVD sometime before we die)
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2003, 02:03:19 am »

I have just peered inside the Bucket of Truth, and apparently they will never release The State on DVD. I want it too bad.

Now shut up, Levon, and get your ass in that puddin'.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Martin & Orloff
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2003, 03:00:13 pm »

And Fonzie, played by Menry Winkler, appears on... MAPPY DAYS!

OH THE MORROR!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up