Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: How's your color vision?  (Read 11094 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
How's your color vision?
« on: September 12, 2008, 03:27:48 pm »

Test it here.

I got an "8".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 05:52:30 pm »

damn, I thought I was doing a freakin' awesome job.
I got a 20.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 06:34:55 pm »

I got a 3, woo hoo.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 06:42:00 pm »

I didnt spend a lot of time on it, but i got a 34. ouch. Ill send this over to my girlfriend, the optometrist.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:18:54 pm »

Yeah, I did the first two then got bored.  Why oh why does it have to be so much work?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 12:14:54 am »

I scored an 85. I was ready to come in and laugh all over you chumps, until I read:

Quote
A lower score is better, with ZERO being the perfect score.

Well, shit. Maybe I should go see the optometrist.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 05:12:00 am »

22.  Did anyone else have the illusion that the pieces weren't quite square?

Also:  Egopont has a colour test if you get such a bad score you think you might be colourblind.  There's also a hearing range estimator.  Mine appears to be 200Hz to 12000Hz.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 05:25:00 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 05:30:14 am »

20, and they weren't just not quite square, they weren't aligned the same- different border widths on different sizes. looks like the blue-green range is my trouble area, which makes sense.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 05:33:13 am »

Do I have really good color recognition or were you guys just not trying very hard?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 06:10:55 am »

Considering that you are a pretty active and talented visual artist, I'd say the likely explanation is that you have good color vision.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 06:28:41 am »

I got a 12.  That made for a good percentile score, but according to the test the highest score for my gender and age range was 1492, which would basically be black and white vision.  Either someone's sandbagging, or on the internet people actually can tell that you're a dog.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 06:59:41 am »

Woot, 4.  Missed a couple in the violet-red transition.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 10:19:13 am »

I don't really have time to do this now but I already know I'm red-green colourblind so when I do I'm sure you'll all feel better.








Except you, Golfhaus.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 04:31:20 pm »

I got a 12.  That made for a good percentile score, but according to the test the highest score for my gender and age range was 1492, which would basically be black and white vision.  Either someone's sandbagging, or on the internet people actually can tell that you're a dog.

At work we considered filling it out completely backwards just to see what the highest possible score it. I'm guessing the 1492 person was attempting the same feat and 1500 is the max.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: How's your color vision?
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 12:41:54 am »

I got a 49.  I think I could have done better if I'd been willing to spend more time on it but it was too unpleasant a task.  I'm not sure what any of this tells me except how I would, like, sort paint chips if someone had a gun to my head. Would a 49 be enough to spare my life? I don't know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up