Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Phone Shots!  (Read 4502 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jamessime

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
    • Isotope - the comic book lounge
Achewood Phone Shots!
« on: September 14, 2008, 04:09:58 am »

I am standing next to Chris as we speak, playing AC/DC "Get It Hot" on the sound system, the party is jam-packed, and if you want to call in for a phone shot... pour yourself one up and give us a ring. Now is the time!

www.isotopecomics.com
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 04:29:17 am »

You gonna post pictures of this shindig?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jamessime

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
    • Isotope - the comic book lounge
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 10:08:42 pm »

No phone shots from this group... what is this, the forum for the AA Achewood fans? (laugh)!

You gonna post pictures of this shindig?

Yes!



For those of you who want to see more of this event, there are tons of photos (and video too) here...

http://isotopecomics.com/chrisonstad-photos.html

James
http://isotopecomics.com
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 10:23:37 pm »

No phone shots from this group... what is this, the forum for the AA Achewood fans? (laugh)!

Eh. Going to the event - sounds like fun. Looks like a good time was had by all.

Sitting around a website while said event was going on, discussing what was probably happening, to be given the chance to CALL THE PARTY... kinda lame.

Since it seems like you're in pretty good with Onstad now, maybe try to talk him into adding a date in the southeast. There are lots of DCers and North Carolinians here, which I would expect to be indicative of a greater base. But I'm not going to fly to New York to get a book signed, and I work for an airline that lets me fly for free on my days off.
Logged

jamessime

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
    • Isotope - the comic book lounge
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 11:51:17 pm »

Sitting around a website while said event was going on, discussing what was probably happening, to be given the chance to CALL THE PARTY... kinda lame.

Agreed, that sounds very lame. However, I suggested doing a shot over the phone with Chris Onstad instead.

Since it seems like you're in pretty good with Onstad now, maybe try to talk him into adding a date in the southeast. There are lots of DCers and North Carolinians here, which I would expect to be indicative of a greater base. But I'm not going to fly to New York to get a book signed, and I work for an airline that lets me fly for free on my days off.

I can certainly pass along the idea that he hit the area for you. Although, man, that southeast sales-pitch could really use some work (laugh)!
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 12:00:19 am »

Don't dis the southeast, hipster. We'll cut you.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 12:28:51 am »

What about Denver?

Good pot, a lot of people wearing Achewood shirts here (I'm kind of new) and a hipster (well, mainly hippie, but hipsters are there) college town 30 minutes down the road.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 12:54:11 am »

The closest he's coming to me is Portland.


roooooaaaad trrrriiiiip!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 01:02:34 am »

I have been looking for an excuse to get up to New York for probably over a year now, but am I really enough of a geek to plan a trip around a comic book signing? Stay tuned.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jamessime

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
    • Isotope - the comic book lounge
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 03:29:14 am »

that southeast sales-pitch could really use some work (laugh)!
Don't dis the southeast, hipster. We'll cut you.

See, now that pitch is much better!

I'll happily pass that southeast suggestion along to Chris...
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 08:01:52 am »

The closest he's coming to me is Portland.


roooooaaaad trrrriiiiip!

You're from "The Heart of the Awl" right?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 01:40:40 pm »

No phone shots from this group... what is this, the forum for the AA Achewood fans? (laugh)!

Yes!





For those of you who want to see more of this event, there are tons of photos (and video too) here...

http://isotopecomics.com/chrisonstad-photos.html

James
http://isotopecomics.com

I usually don't get my morning online homoerotic shock at this particular board, but thanks, this will save me a few minutes this morning.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Phone Shots!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 02:46:01 pm »

You're from "The Heart of the Awl" right?

I have been there, but I actually live a couple of hours south on 95, down in Moscow.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up