Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that  (Read 4031 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« on: October 01, 2008, 10:19:30 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10012008

Ray is such a lousy story teller.

Does anyone else get an email RSS of this thing? Ive been getting bombarded with like 10 random achewood rss messages with no rhyme or reason.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
October 1, 2008 - I've heard your love-oinks
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:21:39 pm »

Denouement. Ray exits stage left, pursued by cakes.

The line I really wanted to use for the subject wouldn't fit: "When a lady wisdom-rocks his bonch so hard he forgets who's on the penny".  This strip was a great capper to an arc that almost didn't deliver the goods.  Thank god for Teodor's prying questions.



Please kill this duplicate thread, moderators.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:29:25 am by Cap'n Squeakers »
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 10:25:55 pm »

Stupid end to a stupid storyline. Feh.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:35:31 pm »

This strip got actual live chuckles to escape my mouth. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 11:22:52 pm by Cap'n Squeakers »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 10:37:44 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10012008

Ray is such a lousy story teller.

Does anyone else get an email RSS of this thing? Ive been getting bombarded with like 10 random achewood rss messages with no rhyme or reason.

Me too. The feed used to have just the latest strip and the latest Ray's Place. Now it's the last 10 strips and for some reason they all keep showing up as new.

And I think Ray's medallion would have given him away sooner or later. Like, as soon as he turned around.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 10:59:48 pm »

I like to think that "baunch" is a better spelling of that particular word.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 11:01:31 pm »

I am disappointed that all we get of Tina's reaction is a nasty look. Can that really be all there was to it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 11:03:57 pm »

Threads merged, just to see if I can.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 11:10:48 pm »

Is the room service guy a nutria? He doesn't look like a cat.

{Overthinking.}
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 11:28:18 pm »

So much awesome in this strip:

- Ray ripping off his glasses to reveal... his glasses.
- Mr. Bear's Europe-style two-finger salute
- Silhouette Ray's thumbs up
- That it wasn't the cakes, but the way Ray paid for them, that busted him
- "I know what a wet rag sounds like on your ass."
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 12:29:41 am »

Stupid end to a stupid storyline. Feh.

Seconded.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 12:30:33 am »

Is the room service guy a nutria? He doesn't look like a cat.

{Overthinking.}

I was thinking bunny.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 12:31:27 am »

Panel 12 cracks me the hell up. I am a big fan of staring directly at someone and then whipping off your glasses while emitting a horrible machine noise.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 12:47:01 am »

OK, three of the last five posts in this thread entertained me enough that the strip is forgiven, since it generated them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 1 October 2008 - I should not have used my credit card for that
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 03:07:34 am »

I like to think that "baunch" is a better spelling of that particular word.

I like to think that my brain doesn't even know how to take that spelling, as in it simply doesn't recognize it. I also like to think that a "bonch" is an area referred to by me and my friends as "the inbetweenus." Am I right? Probably not.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up