Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]  (Read 11550 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:34:28 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:19:17 am »

I thought this one was better. I have to believe it's more a case of her being bad at thinking on her feet rather than being just ignorant since I can't believe anyone who aspires to higher office wouldn't keep abreast of the news day to day.

ALSO: A collection of interview statements arranged as poetry.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:30:25 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:25:17 pm »

She reads newspapers.  ALL of them.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:53:39 pm »

I have to believe it's more a case of her being bad at thinking on her feet rather than being just ignorant

I wish you were right, but this isn't 'thinking'. She can't remember the name of a single newspaper that she reads? I mean, how many newspapers ARE there in Alaska?

And even if that was it - do we want someone one heartbeat away from the Presidency who can't think on her feet?

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 02:15:07 pm »

I wish you were right, but this isn't 'thinking'. She can't remember the name of a single newspaper that she reads? I mean, how many newspapers ARE there in Alaska?
I was thinking about this and the best answer I came up with (where 'best' means answer most likely to make me giggle to myself and have my co-workers look at me strangely) is that the only newspaper she reads is named something like 'klan monthly' so she thought discretion was the better part of getting elected.

And even if that was it - do we want someone one heartbeat away from the Presidency who can't think on her feet?
This is another matter entirely, I was just saying she's not necessarily a complete mental defective who can't process simple information and give logical answers. She may only be that way under high pressure situations, so what's to worry about?
Damnit I told myself I was going to start staying out of other country's politics.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 02:48:34 pm »

I am scared about this debate.
Points I have heard made:
1. the format will allow really vague, short answers
2. anything less than falling on her face will be construed as a colossal triumph
3. it is on my campus and there are so many journalists here, it is nuts. Oh man, it is kind of cool, but it is frustrating how few people get to go.

I am going to be in the radio station for most of the duration, I am the director of our live news coverage.

(when they say "and now to our live news coverage!" I press the button to switch over. Then, later, I switch back. I asked if I could say I was the director, and they said yes.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 03:07:29 pm »

She may only be that way under high pressure situations, so what's to worry about?

Um. Yeah. Because president is such a, you know, low-stress job.

Oh god, can we just stop talking about this?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 05:42:02 pm »

I saw John Oliver on campus. Weird.

I am waiting for the gag they were filming in front of me to be on the Daily Show tonight, so I can be like "ahhh oh my gosh i was right there!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 05:45:08 pm »

I saw John Oliver on campus. Weird.

I am waiting for the gag they were filming in front of me to be on the Daily Show tonight, so I can be like "ahhh oh my gosh i was right there!"

If you see him again try to have man-sex with him for me.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 10:27:53 pm »

If you see him again try to have man-sex with him for me.

Eh.... If I'm going to have man-sex with a Daily Show correspondent, it's Rob Riggle. THAT'S a real man for you.

Kristen Schaal would be an Anonymous Hottie of mine if it weren't for the fact that I know her name.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 10:39:58 pm »

Find all the "sad because she actually said it" Palin you need here: http://www.interviewpalin.com/
She makes Bush look like a world class wordsmith.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 11:02:38 pm »

good lord, this campus is under siege. completely surrounded by cops, helicopters, streets blocked off... it is like a crazy circus.

my friend told the correspondants from Kenya TV that she spoke swahili, so she got to be interviewed saying that she likes Obama. awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 11:46:35 pm »

Eh.... If I'm going to have man-sex with a Daily Show correspondent, it's Rob Riggle. THAT'S a real man for you.

Kristen Schaal would be an Anonymous Hottie of mine if it weren't for the fact that I know her name.

Riggle? Seriously? You and I are on two different wavelengths.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 12:52:46 am »

Riggle? Seriously? You and I are on two different wavelengths.

In the original draft, the joke was, "If I'm going to have man-sex with a Daily Show correspondent, it's going to be with Samantha Bee."

But I thought that might be crass. Also, I totally would.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 02:39:30 am »

good lord, this campus is under siege. completely surrounded by cops, helicopters, streets blocked off... it is like a crazy circus.

my friend told the correspondants from Kenya TV that she spoke swahili, so she got to be interviewed saying that she likes Obama. awesome.

Where specifically was the debate?  Mallinckrodt?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up