Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]  (Read 11553 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2008, 02:30:13 am »

I can't watch the debates because... I can't deal with people getting to lie and not being challenged because "journalism" isn't about finding the truth and telling said truth anymore... it's about letting all the sides say whatever crazy shit they want to and... you can't say a word about it because you don't wanna look partisan or piss off anyone's backers who are also advertisers or... whatever.

"Candidates Debate If Water is Wet; Journalists Agree It Was A Draw"

Fuck that.

I know which ones Mean Well and which ones are just plain Bastards and... to see such things treated as neutral makes me wanna fuckin' gack.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2008, 08:55:54 am »

I agree with you completely.  I watched the first debate and the vp debate hoping mccain or palin would mess up real bad and we could just be done with this thing.  It didn't happen, so, I don't really care about seeing the answers to the questions.  I know whats going on with me and no debate could change that at all.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2008, 02:46:17 pm »

man, but you miss out on the real-time appreciation of so many bizarre moments!

That one!
obama explaining "mccain says I'm going to increase spending, and that is a lie, and here is why" and mccain immediately saying "he's going to cut spending"
mccain wandering around in the background of the stage while obama answered questions
cringing and gasping as mccain gets increasingly closer to each voter who asks a question, including putting his hand on one man's shoulder
watching the audience members try incredibly hard to look like they're engaged
obama going off on a weird tangent about his dad when he should have nailed mccain
obama nailing mccain on the next debate
palin's syntax breaking down midway through a question about global warming
biden's little smile/half-laugh when palin said something he could pounce on her for...

it's just... the DRAMA, the PAGEANTRY! They don't make TV like this, not anymore!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2008, 05:08:07 am »

So the McCain campaign has released a report clearing Palin of any wrongdoing in the troopergate thingmejigger.

Well, I guess they should know?

Seriously, you guys are too much.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2008, 05:58:36 am »

Next Up: The Gotti familiy has cleared John Gotti of any wrongdoing in racketeering charges.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 03:35:10 pm »

You know, I like John McCain and this picture to the contrary my vote was still up for grabs.

That is until Sarah Palin came along.  No way am I voting for that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2008, 05:57:43 pm »

Big article on Sarah Palin's tie-ins to the Alaska Independence Party, which advocates secession from the US:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/10/10/palin_chryson/

Now, I don't necessarily believe McCain/Palin are going to allow Alaska to leave the United States, or that Palin necessarily shares the radical viewpoints of some members of AIP.  But, if they're going to start saying Obama pals around with terrorists because of his association with William Ayers, then hey, quid pro quo.  The lines connecting Palin and the radicals in AIP are a LOT shorter and clearer than those between Obama and the Weather Underground.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 02:32:44 am »

Actual ethics panel finds Sarah and First Dude guilty - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d76eb022-972f-11dd-8cc4-000077b07658.html
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2008, 03:10:01 am »

You know, if it wasn't for so much of the public being fascinated with her for being Titty Nixon, I have to imagine that McCain would have been forced to drop her at this point.

She's really, like, genuinely crazy.

She's a fuckin' Phil Hendrie character, a suburbanite detached from reality, trying to abuse her power as the head of the local PTA or Home Owners Assoc. in a manner that far transcends the actual abilities of title.

She's fuckin' Bobbie Dooley, for fuck's sake.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2008, 09:45:40 am »

waitwait who's bobbie dooley and how'd he get some of that hot hot palin action

because rowr dontchakno

titty nixon is my new favorite nickname for her
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2008, 02:04:34 pm »

Titty Nixon makes no damn sense.  Nixon was corrupt, but far from incompetent.  For sure he was no dummy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2008, 02:38:23 pm »

Titty Nixon makes no damn sense.  Nixon was corrupt, but far from incompetent.  For sure he was no dummy.
Thats right, LFM, Do not besmirch the honorable name of Nixon by comparing him to Palin.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2008, 02:59:30 pm »

Thats right, LFM, Do not besmirch the honorable name of Nixon by comparing him to Palin.

I think the Nixon reference comes from the perception (which seems to be getting verified more each passing day) that with her, the ends always justify the means and that the executive privilege reaches a lot farther than most Americans are comfortable with. That and Palin has the potential to be as damaging to the nation as Nixon was, based on the likelihood that if elected, she would ascend to the presidency prior to the next election.

Titty Quayle just doesn't convey the threat she poses well enough.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2008, 03:17:17 pm »

I think Titty George Bush is more apt.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up