Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]  (Read 11578 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2008, 03:20:23 pm »

I think Titty George Bush is more apt.
Tits Bush ftw
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2008, 02:23:28 am »


A Bushtit.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2008, 03:20:09 am »

Yes, the Nixon appelation is far more about...

The manipulation and the abuse of power and the attitude of acquiring power as an unassailable end towards which any means can be used.

Oh, y'know, and also that Giant Chip on The Shoulder thing.

Original Nixon obsessed with proving that he was better than the rich kids and the popular kids and the intellects he met along the way.

And... Titty Nixon obsessed with disproving that with her good purse and her cheap shoes, she looks like a rube.

Original Nixon was, of course, a smarter and more... not forgivable but certainly an evil that can be more easily sympathized with.

But this psycho might be even more single minded... and as Futurama pointed out the idea of Nixon with charisma, even the plastic charisma of a failed beauty queen on the prowl for War Jesus, is ridiculously scary.

(Bobbie Dooley is a character on the Phil Hendrie radio show, who is the head of a homeowners association in a Ventura County gated community who abuses her very small amount of power in ridiculous ways, has a clueless lapdog husband who just repeats whatever she says and is obsessed with being "the cool parent in the neighborhood" to the point of encouraging drunken teenage orgies in her house because he fancies herself the mom that all her son's friends have crushes on, such is the depths of her depraved vanity. This character has existed for ten years or more and the resemblance is uncanny.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2008, 05:14:21 pm »

I figured The Patriarchy wouldn't take this lying down...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Daaamn! That answer could use some work! [The Sarah Palin Thread]
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2008, 06:58:07 pm »

Palin as Poet:
http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/article_details.php?id=10469

Written by Jough's distant cousin (think Al Gore and Gore Vidal).
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up