Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Menudo!  (Read 2766 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Menudo!
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:50:02 pm »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:43:36 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Menudo!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:14:22 pm »

I have never tried the menudo.  There were a couple of restaurants in Albuquerque that had it on the menu, but somehow intestines never appealed.  Of course, I've often said I'd like to try genuine haggis, just to say I've done it, so I should get my priorities in order, I suppose.

One culinary void in my life is traceable to the fact that Mrs. del Vaca is allergic to corn.  (not HFCS, fortunately, that shit is in everything, but whole kernel and/or corn meal.)  Which means I can't make posole or tortilla soup at home.  Or chicken corn chowder, man that stuff is good.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Menudo!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:01:16 pm »

I do not like menudo.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Menudo!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 10:24:39 pm »

"Good looking tripe" is not a phrase in the English language. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Menudo!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 11:10:01 pm »

I... I thought this was going to be about the band.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Menudo!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 12:23:40 am »

Indeed. The only Menudo I'm aware of is Ricky Martin based.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Menudo!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 05:37:43 am »

I don't like menudo served with Ricky Martin.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Menudo!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 05:58:07 am »

Here is what I am currently looking up on wikipedia:

Menudo
tripes
stew pork
chorizo EDIT:  Ah, the Brewers' sausage races!
hominy (i have heard of these last two, but that is it.  No idea what they are, never heard of any others.)
haggis
pig trotters (im guessing intestines)  EDIT:  The foot, that was dumb of me.

and I did not know there was a band Menudo, but I guess that is Ricky Martin's band, so no wiki for it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:15:22 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Menudo!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 12:32:09 pm »

It is not Ricky Martin's band, Ricky Martin was a member.  At this point I would think Menudo has more lasting cultural impact than Ricky Martin.  I'm surprised there's not a wiki.

Here it is.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Menudo!
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 02:20:29 pm »

Oddly enough, I find the idea of pigs' feet less objectionable than tripe or intestines (although I haven't eaten the feet to date).  Just wash 'em off, they'll be fine.  Of course, I'm also the guy who wanted to get the pig snout sandwiches in St. Louis.  It's just like fried ham, but with two holes in it!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up