Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child  (Read 15350 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« on: October 08, 2008, 12:41:55 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10082008

As a Canadian, I'm just glad to be noticed.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 12:44:48 pm »

I could give you reasons not to move to Adelaide. Y'know, if anyone ever needs them.

So is Phillipe filling the chamberpot with things of material worth or is Lyle's plan predicated on making energy out of otter urine?

Oh I just realised what the flag is. That's pretty Lyle.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MrMandible

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
8 October 2008 - Energy's free, if you know how to harness it
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:45:54 pm »

Scooped by victoria waterfield, please delite.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:51:42 pm »

For those in the know, Onstad's facebook last night status was "If Sarah Palin wins the election[...]" but I guess opted to not go political on the strip.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 02:39:57 pm »

i love the idea of the hottentot venus. When I see that concept, I laugh.

suddenly it is everywhere.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 10:33:19 pm »

I actually DID move to Canada after Bush was re-elected. (Well, almost a year later. And for unrelated reasons.)

It's nice up here. My absentee ballot's coming soon. Haven't seen a moose eating a microphone yet, but I'm hopeful.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 11:03:46 pm »

I could give you reasons not to move to Adelaide. Y'know, if anyone ever needs them.

I was seriously investigating Australian immigration rules when I met my wife and started deleting that set of bookmarks. Adelaide was on the list, on the grounds of knowing a hot chick that seemed interested in having me there. I'd be interested in hearing your reasons.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 11:11:32 pm »

Quote
I was seriously investigating Australian immigration rules when I met my wife and started deleting that set of bookmarks

awww!

I want to meet someone who is great enough to make me delete bookmarks!

(i guess i could make a joke about porn here.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 11:19:00 pm »

That's what porn mode is for.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 02:40:15 am »

Process for mostly phoned-in Achewood:

1: Choose something author doesn't know much or care much about
2: Write fake Wikipedia article about how nobody else knows or cares about it either
3: Drink half bottle of whiskey
4: Add trailing sequence
5: Drink remainder of whiskey
6: Vomit
7: Wake up bleary-eyed, upload strip, start Googling for hangover cures
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 12:19:58 pm »

Yes.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 01:29:18 pm »

I was seriously investigating Australian immigration rules when I met my wife and started deleting that set of bookmarks. Adelaide was on the list, on the grounds of knowing a hot chick that seemed interested in having me there. I'd be interested in hearing your reasons.

I have no reasons that would outweigh a hot chick.
To be honest I haven't been there since I was a kid, it's just kind of the Australian equivalent of fly-over country. It's a perfectly respectable city with virtually nothing to recommend it over any other major city, they used to advertise it as the 'city of churches' because there's just not much else to look at while you're there. I guess there's a decent wine industry down that way now and some people are into that and I hear living in a town of 100k means rush hour is pretty short but if I wanted to get away from people that bad I'd move to Coober Pedy, at least there you get to live underground.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 01:55:08 pm »

if I wanted to get away from people that bad I'd move to Coober Pedy, at least there you get to live underground.

Did the British send their unwanted mole-people to Australia too?
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 06:19:20 pm »

I actually DID move to Canada after Bush was re-elected. (Well, almost a year later. And for unrelated reasons.)

Ha, same here (kind of ).  I moved to Canadia in 2003 for non-election reasons, and lived there for four years. I loved that damn place and wish I were still there.  So cold, so clean, and so much awesome beer.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 8th October 2008 - Givin' birth to my pain-child
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 09:32:32 pm »

I've tendered Adelaide as a name for our daughter when she's born, as well. It dawns on me that my enthusiasm about things Australian would, if I actually lived there, make me kinda like those "If you don't love America, kiss my ass" uber-patriots that we tend to breed here.

Over-enthusiastic nationalism only works if you don't live there, perhaps.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up