Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]  (Read 5861 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 04:08:36 am »

Carlos, that's just evidence that both sides are completely full of shit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 04:18:23 am »

To be fair, though, most of the digging around in this guy's life... at least in the mainstream press... has been about dismantling the parts of his life specifically involved in his purported symbolism.

He's not a licensed plumber or even a handyman, even if he could buy the business he wanted to he most likely would fall outside of the tax parameters McCain was talking about, he's actually sort of a tax dodge himself, under certain Republican attempts to discount all voter registrations with any discrepensies he wouldn't even be able to vote, etc etc.

I'm sure there's people getting more personal or whatever but I haven't seen it in any sort of mainstream press yet.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 02:54:44 pm »

Oh that was good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 06:04:30 am »

Just like Paul would say you dont get to comment on the election unless you vote, I dont think Joe should get to comment on tax policy until he actually pays his taxes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 06:34:29 am »

I would post the McCain-Palin joke I wrote in an attempt to write a truly vile joke for the first time in a long time but...

Like...

Yeah, I am being blocked from posting in a place that does not exist, even though I am allowed to read things that are not there.

It's weird.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 07:21:42 am »

I wouldn't sweat it too bad man, basically the entire internet is taking up slack for you.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 12:44:04 am »


Yeah, I am being blocked from posting in a place that does not exist, even though I am allowed to read things that are not there.


Say what now?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 03:50:35 am »

There is a lounge that does not exist and while I can look into this lounge and see inside it to my heart's content, metaphorically, I cannot sit my ass down in there, metaphorically, or reply to anyone else's sitting down either... metaphorically.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 04:18:02 am »

the things you are saying sound so much like the problems on my logic quizzes.

also: there's nothing wrong with love, so good. The things you say about the music you like have always made me think you would hate an album like that, which I love so much.
I am telling the guy I have played with a few times that we need to play Distopian Dream Girl and at least one neil young song.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 10:08:27 am »

There is a lounge that does not exist and while I can look into this lounge and see inside it to my heart's content, metaphorically, I cannot sit my ass down in there, metaphorically, or reply to anyone else's sitting down either... metaphorically.

Metaphorically me and another dude are there with you.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 03:50:54 am »

Tonight this:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/24/obama-makes-joe-plumber-scared-america/ was the top headline story on the Drudgereport. Who the hell cares what this tax evading non-plumber thinks? Why is he getting such coverage?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 04:23:09 am »

Frankly, I'm a lot more freaked out by the college young Republican who cut a "B" into her face so that she could pretend she was assaulted by a "large black man" because she had a fuckin' McCain sticker on her car.

Like... that's the right wing discourse. Self-mutilation and race-bait.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Joe the Plumber [The John McCain Thread]
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 05:59:31 am »

You gotta link for that shit Mike?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up