Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: We were right! I think... (11-12-03)  (Read 4859 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
We were right! I think... (11-12-03)
« on: November 12, 2003, 11:16:11 am »

It's looking like things might be ok after all, but then, this is achewood.

And me, without internet access for the next two days!

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:27:10 am by Nabubrush »
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 12:08:36 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
It's looking like things might be ok after all, but then, this is achewood.

And me, without internet access for the next two days!


Predictions, which my stating of will render statistically impossible:

- it is an innocent ice cream shop
- ray jumps in with tic tac blazing
- nice pete gets capped
- nice pete seduces molly

Can't you see? Phillipe is the lure. Mr. Onstad believes in whipping Roast Beef like a recalcitrant mule.

Of course, stating this out loud will change it, for Onstad is aware of the forum, as was foretold in the prophecy aeons ago.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 12:21:09 pm »

Let's not forget that otters are lactose intolerant. If you were a murderer who took your young friend to a super secret ice cream shop out of the goodness of your heart, how would you react to that bit of news?

(This of course assumes some sort of Achewood continuity, which is a foolish foolish thing to do.)
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 01:04:51 pm »

I hope Roast Beef doesn't get killed again.  Seriously.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 01:09:46 pm »

Quote from: "revdj"
I hope Roast Beef doesn't get killed again.  Seriously.


I do. Then maybe he can start having an S&M fantasy with Molly while Dr. Andretti uses the tamagotchi toy Ultra Peanut had to power his lymphatic system. Then, as he is coming to and Ray is trying to check his pulse, he pulls out a cat o'nine tails out of nowhere and starts laying into poor Ray while saying the dirtiest things Roast Beef could possibly say (along the lines of "you good for nothing nitwit you").
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 01:23:11 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
the dirtiest things Roast Beef could possibly say (along the lines of "you good for nothing nitwit you").


Dammit, people.  All makin' me laugh out loud at work while I'm trying to look busy.  Look away, you fool.  They'll know!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2003, 01:55:37 pm »

Maybe Philippe had some yogurt earlier to prepare his body for the lactose in the ice cream.

Ray will search all over that dang quarry before realizing they aren't there. He will however meet a strange man with an insanely long scarf.

Everybody will go home to regroup and plan and Philippe + NP will be there bein' all like, "what's wrong with you guys?"
Logged

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2003, 02:05:43 pm »

Nice Pete really is Nice, after all.

Excellent rendition of the Olde Tyme Ice Cream Shoppe.
Logged

Ash

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
    • http://outofband.org/
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 04:16:19 pm »

Pat: What's it like to kill someone, Pete?

Nice Pete: It's kind of like goin' to an ice cream shop
I am there, and Philippe is there
and it's just the two of us
and I put Philippe in the ice cream shop
and I am the winner

Home: 0  Ice Cream Shop: 1
Logged
MODULES ADDED 4.8.2000 by _THE_BANDIT_

#Hiram_offers_cocktail
#Hiram_offers_dinner
#Hiram_posts_to_message_board

V-Adore

  • Guest
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2003, 04:17:01 pm »

If this storyline results in more screwing of Roast Beef (unless it's with Molly in Heaven), I'll scream. That'd just be gratuitous, in my opinion.

But god, this is one of the more gorgeous strips even in this beautiful run. The old-timey ice cream shop(pe): perfect. Spot-on perfect.

(Incidentally, I don't think Nice Pete would actually manage to seduce Molly. Even if he did, I think they'd be long broken up by the time Beef's cyborg systems give up the ghost.)
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 04:21:14 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
If this storyline results in more screwing of Roast Beef (unless it's with Molly in Heaven), I'll scream. That'd just be gratuitous, in my opinion.

But god, this is one of the more gorgeous strips even in this beautiful run. The old-timey ice cream shop(pe): perfect. Spot-on perfect.

(Incidentally, I don't think Nice Pete would actually manage to seduce Molly. Even if he did, I think they'd be long broken up by the time Beef's cyborg systems give up the ghost.)


Pete will try to kill Molly, but of course you can't kill someone in heaven. The resulting energy backlash will create an evil twin of Bruce Springsteen, called Deuce Springsteen, who will travel the world in a Range Rover looking for indigenous cultures to destroy with industrialism. End storyline.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 05:27:17 pm »

Nice Pete would go to Heaven?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2003, 05:30:53 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Nice Pete would go to Heaven?


Sure. God's pretty laid back. One time he smoked up and ordered all these cheese steaks, and then totally crashed before they came.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2003, 06:03:57 pm »

That sounds classic.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2003, 06:15:00 pm »

If the guy who invented salami can go to Heaven, Nice Pete probably can too. Besides, even if Pete goes to Hell, they probably have like Heaven/Hell mixer parties ever so often, so the people in Heaven can appreciate what they've got and the people in Hell can suffer all the more for knowing what they're missing.

(Nice Pete and Molly -- A Match Made in God's Big Middle-School Multipurpose Room?)
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up