Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: We were right! I think... (11-12-03)  (Read 4845 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2003, 06:22:24 pm »

Quote
Ray will search all over that dang quarry before realizing they aren't there. He will however meet a strange man with an insanely long scarf.


Ray gets involved in ANOTHER time travel story?

Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2003, 06:32:01 pm »

Man the artwork of the ice cream shop is superb.
Gotta love it.
And I'm just so relieved that Philippe is going to get some ice cream after all this travelling and wondering.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2003, 01:39:31 am »

OK, Nice Pete, you're off the hook... this time.

But I'm watching you.  And I don't sleep much.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2003, 02:39:14 am »

So do you think this incredibly-gorgeous-art thing'll continue, or end with the storyline?
Logged
goose means greedy

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2003, 02:50:25 am »

Has anyone else noticed that Chris Onstad has relocated his his name/date-thing to the top? I kind of liked the old spot better.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2003, 03:19:08 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
So do you think this incredibly-gorgeous-art thing'll continue, or end with the storyline?


I think it'll probably somewhat end with this storyline. It's like he slips into certain genres for stories. This is very Hitchcock/Noir. A little bit of Egoyan in the rain and the cars I felt.
So hopefully he'll get back to this kind of art again for another storyline before long.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2003, 04:12:23 am »

I'm split on the art. On one hand, art as extravagant and gorgeous as this is hard to argue against; on the other, part of the feel of "classic" Achewood was the visual sparsity. It's an element of the style.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
We were right! I think... 11/12
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2003, 04:13:09 am »

I don't see the current storyline lasting past friday - if not tomorrow.

It's been gorgeous, though.  I don't think I've read a comic since the end of Sandman where there's been such a sense of lingering dread.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up