Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remnants of childhood...  (Read 3966 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Remnants of childhood...
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 07:40:13 pm »

This sounds like some sort of exotic southeast asia martial arts weapon. 

No, coming from Doc it sounds like some obscure little marsupial, one of the ones that's small but so dangerous that you need grappling hooks to capture it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Remnants of childhood...
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 11:35:24 pm »

Is this the first time you've mentioned your name?  I'll add you to the short list of Camerons I know, which presently includes 3 Canadian lacrosse players, a professional cheerleader, a few childhood friends, and my new baby boy.

Also, the first hot female doctor on House.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Remnants of childhood...
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 11:39:42 pm »

Smells your story made me cry.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Remnants of childhood...
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 12:13:16 am »

Is this the first time you've mentioned your name?  I'll add you to the short list of Camerons I know, which presently includes 3 Canadian lacrosse players, a professional cheerleader, a few childhood friends, and my new baby boy.

Are we counting Cameron, Kirk and Candace? My neighbor growing up was Cameron. OH! and Cameron Frye.

Smells your story made me cry.

Jesus, yes. I am always reminded by your posts that my life is so uneventful (and by Paul's too, sometimes), or that at least my actions are so poorly conveyed.

Edit: repeating phrases. AGAIN.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Remnants of childhood...
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 03:03:39 am »

Are we counting Cameron, Kirk and Candace? My neighbor growing up was Cameron. OH! and Cameron Frye.
Mostly I was counting people I had at least seen in person, if not spoken with.  Otherwise we could throw Cameron Diaz in as well.

This is the cheerleader.  I saw and spoke to him at a lot of the Stealth's home games last season.



When Cameron was in Egypt-land...let my Cameron go...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Remnants of childhood...
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 08:47:11 am »

my new baby boy.

It's a pretty awesome name, I believe it derives from the gaelic for 'Totally Rad'.

one of the ones that's small but so dangerous that you need grappling hooks to capture it.

They're the reason that drop-bears are endangered.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Remnants of childhood...
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 02:28:21 pm »

Smells your story made me cry.

Thanks, it is indeed true.  I did have a Blankie, and I did hold on to it until that moment.  The interesting thing is while I was writing that, I kept wanting to refer to Blankie as "her" not "it." 

Here's the monkey and surrogate wire/ blanket covered "mother" experiment I mentioned in another thread some time ago.  It's interesting reading.

Also, here's a clip of one of the monkeys .  and here's what happens when they scare a monkey with a horrible *****.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Remnants of childhood...
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 02:31:26 am »

Cameron would have been the name of one of the little del Vacas, had they turned out male.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up