Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinese Democracy is a go  (Read 14981 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2008, 04:31:57 pm »

Is that another term for Rococo?  Because that shit is hideous.

Rococo is about a century earlier.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2008, 04:46:17 pm »

Rococo... B. Ware?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2008, 03:47:26 am »

You know what.  I like overwrought overproduced melodramatic walls-of-sound.  I was 14 when The Wall came out.  I own several ELP albums fergawdsakes.  I understand the reaction to that genre.  I also find that there ain't nobody smugger than a so-called "punk".  

I find it cool that I found myself wondering if you actually meant ELP, or had fat fingers and really meant ELO. I find it cooler that the statement works regardless of which it was.

Although Jeff Lynne was clearly the weakest Wilbury.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2008, 04:50:18 am »

...I... own "El Dorado" on extra-high-fidelity gold CD thing.

There. I said it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2008, 05:15:33 am »

I find it cool that I found myself wondering if you actually meant ELP, or had fat fingers and really meant ELO. I find it cooler that the statement works regardless of which it was.

Although Jeff Lynne was clearly the weakest Wilbury.

I meant ELP, but my statement is equally valid for ELO.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2008, 12:23:07 pm »

Are we talking about hip hop El-P or, uh, something else?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2008, 10:04:16 pm »

Emerson, Lake and Palmer.  I'm pretty sure.  Maybe Powell.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2008, 12:08:53 am »

Yeah, that didn't really fit is why I asked.  Emerson, Lake and Palmer makes since.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2008, 05:38:30 am »

Cozy Powell is dead, sadly.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2008, 07:28:29 pm »

Axl Speaks

That was even more rambling that LFM's review.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Chinese Democracy is a go
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2008, 04:16:55 am »

Well, to be fair, it's a bunch of message board answers posted together into one block of text.

That could make ANYONE's words into a me-like ramble.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up