Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sopranos?  (Read 2105 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Sopranos?
« on: October 23, 2008, 04:32:44 am »

Did anyone else watch the Sopranos?
I own the whole DVD collection, I've watched every episode back to back 3-4 times and I just recently started watching the episodes with commentary.
What did you think of the series? The last episode?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Sopranos?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:42:40 am »

The best and the best.  I really hate 'Don't Stop Believin'' but the show brought it up a peg.
Logged
ACHIEVE

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Sopranos?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 01:08:55 pm »

Did anyone else watch the Sopranos?
I own the whole DVD collection, I've watched every episode back to back 3-4 times and I just recently started watching the episodes with commentary.
What did you think of the series? The last episode?


I caught the whole thing on DVD after the last episode had aired, so of course I knew generally how it would end, but it was still brilliant, as was the entire series.

Hey, did I hear about the BBC series The Singing Detective here? I can't find the thread. If I did, thanks to the imaginary person who recommended it. Also brilliant.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Sopranos?
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 08:28:47 pm »

Anyone get the new fancy boxed set for Christmas?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Sopranos?
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 09:51:18 pm »

No, did it come with anything unique? I did get the nice Sopranos Complete Book for Christmas though, its been a pretty informative read so far, Id recommend it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Sopranos?
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 09:57:12 pm »

Not sure if it has anything unique. I was hoping someone here could answer it...or I could do a bit of clicking around. I don't own the seasons yet but I've heard that the packaging for the set is kind of obnoxious.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Sopranos?
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 11:42:29 pm »

Yeah, those HBO shows seasons are ridiculously expensive though.  The Wire sold for like $75  season, and they released a five season box set for 150, I think.  What I am saying is it might be a lot cheaper.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Sopranos?
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 11:59:41 pm »

I have all seasons of The Wire and was able to get each for less that $50. I bought the second season used (sorry wombat, and David Simon) but the rest new. Still cheaper though, you're right. But it's not too hard to get deals on individual seasons. Which reminds me, I need to find out if there is anything unique in The Wire box.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Sopranos?
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 12:08:05 am »

They only time I bought a season was for my dad, for christmas, so it was kind of rushed, at a store (not the internet) and in a rich suburb, but that 150 is still cheap, I was thinking of buying it for my dad once I get a job. 

I download all my things without regret, so, well I don't care. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Sopranos?
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 12:40:29 am »

I got the boxed set.  It's alright, all the discs and descriptions come in this big binder book.

There isn't much to say about it.  It's very black.  The only real surprise is that it comes with the Peppers and Eggs 2CD soundtrack that came out during the third season, I think.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1]   Go Up