Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!  (Read 20990 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Anyone favor a runoff?
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2003, 06:41:49 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
So how about it, Paul?  Ready to moderate a list of "Top 5 Strips Featuring Philippe"?


Maybe a run off poll to determine the undisputed favorite strip...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2003, 07:29:05 pm »

That's a good idea.  It would probably be best to not have too many choices, though.  Maybe have a run-off of the top five choices in a new thread?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2003, 08:27:25 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
That's awesome.  Thanks Paul.

Now we should have a thread about our favourite strips starring a certain character.

So how about it, Paul?  Ready to moderate a list of "Top 5 Strips Featuring Philippe"?

;)


Let's do the run-off first. And if we're going to do a favorite character Philippe might be too hard. I say start with Teador.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2003, 09:02:59 pm »

I'd suggest Pat, but that would be way, way too obvious, I think. (And all the major candidates for "Pat" strips are really Nice Pete strips, anyway.)
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2003, 09:04:03 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"

Start with Lyle, maybe.


Go on start with an easy one - Ray...

No, but I agree with polling the top five, then I don't have to decide and acn just vote on one of them, so much easier!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2003, 09:09:56 pm »

thank you for all your work so much paul!

I say go with a top five strip poll too.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2003, 12:44:25 am »

I'd say go for that poll as well; I never got to list my favs (darn me and not noticing this thread till last night after the voting had already been tallied).

It was nice to go through all the strips I had forgotten about - I forgot about the Billy Idol storyline and showed that to my cousin who previously said she didn't like achewood much - she very much enjoyed that one, so yay!
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2003, 04:37:05 pm »

I'm surprised that no one had mentioned (unless I missed it) the ASS IN YOUR ##### strip.  I have to say this was one that made me literally laugh out loud.  Somehow, I could just hear Ray singing this.

Also, what about the Chimichanga strip? -- Roast Beef's way of reaching out for help?  Just my input.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

V-Adore

  • Guest
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2003, 07:15:52 pm »

Another one that I realized tody that got less love here than deserved: the entire Little Nephew As a Rapper story arc. "Fuck... Algebra!" is brilliant; "the concept of the variable can take it in the dumper," indeed.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up