Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!  (Read 21027 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 07:59:26 pm »

My first response to this question involves wailing and lamentation that I should have to narrow it down to five (or seven, or nine, or whatever). That said...

5. Cutlery ads; bourbon

4. Neatest person in Heaven

3. Porno

2. The Party: Day XXI: Things are coming to a head

1. Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 08:26:45 pm »

I'm  gonna tally the responses to this thread.  Then we'll have a definitive favorite strip for the group.  Remember the order of your vote is important here.  A 5 vote gets one point and a 1 vote gets five points.  Any extra votes (more than 5) will recieve 1/2 point each. got that?  Ok.  

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 09:30:42 pm »

Noooo!  I can't put them in order.  In no order:

cutlery (see above)

antiques road show http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11092001

onstad's birthday http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06142002

of course, a home for scared people
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232002

and in in fifth place, about twenty other strips every time I look through the archive to find these.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 09:35:41 pm »

You must put them in order, otherwise the whole thing falls apart.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2003, 09:38:13 pm »

It seems cutlery ads is an early favorite with 3 votes already.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2003, 09:43:08 pm »

For those who don't put them in order, just accept them in the order that they're given.  So their last listed item would be their #1, etc.

It works.  If they only pick three strips then you only count their top three votes.  It's pretty easy.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2003, 09:50:19 pm »

That's what I will do, but I want to encourage people to list them in order.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2003, 10:17:16 pm »

I wish I could come up with any kind of coherent list but it would never happen. I can never make lists of anything :p
I have to say, Antiques Roadshow is possibly up there cos i have to sit in front of it every sunday, and wich someone would end up dead witth a wrench in their head.
But then, all the other ones listed here I love so much. Damn, Achewood's just too good!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2003, 10:24:56 pm »

Yes, that's quite enough, thank you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2003, 01:25:38 am »

I gotta put some thought into this.  What's the deadline for receiving our lists?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2003, 02:22:36 pm »

English Speaking Pizza

Because of a problem?

The saddest thing

Hand-Held Fan

Christmas Punch

Really arbitrary. Hand-Held Fan and Christmas Punch are the only ones I'm sure of; the other three could change from day to day.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2003, 05:11:00 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Ash

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
    • http://outofband.org/
Five Favorite Strips - The Results are IN!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2003, 08:50:57 pm »

My top 5 techie ones, in no particular order (and there are certainly better ones I missed, since I was hunting through while actually trying to work.. ;) )

5. Isn't UNIX made by fat people?

4. Billy Idol the "CyberPunk"

3. Roast Beef's Personals Ad

2. Teodor is programming his own website

1. JAVA BE DANCIN'


Ash
Logged
MODULES ADDED 4.8.2000 by _THE_BANDIT_

#Hiram_offers_cocktail
#Hiram_offers_dinner
#Hiram_posts_to_message_board
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up