Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008  (Read 8033 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2008, 03:24:58 pm »

Yeah, I mean you seriously signed up for this? At least troll us a little, post enourmous cocks, give us something to work with over here.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 03:40:54 pm »

...and the magpie returns to the dumpster after growing tired of the shiny bauble he spied on the pavement.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 04:06:09 pm »

Why theorize? Here are the comments over there on the most recent strip, Nov 20, courtesy of me not having enough work to do and not wanting to go out of the house in the freezing cold. I apologize for nevertheless being unable to give a fuck enough to include the YouTube link in the penultimate post.

Quote
gormster: Pfah!
 falseprophet: It muft be both in the dialogue and as a sound effect.
It muft be both.
 beanmom: Maybe it's the Beaujolais Nouveau talking, or maybe it's my dusty Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, but the suitcase thing made me laugh.
anyclark: Man! I can so hear Percy Sledge singing "When A Dog Mounts A Suitcase"!
achewood: Someone please record this idea in full falsetto
metagrrrl: Dang that pale grey on white text! Cheer! I said Cheer not Jeer!
And apparently there's no way to undo it.
ccp: Hopefully my vote will offset the mistake. By god, the perfection of the observation becomes abundant after a brief reminder.
 x189player: Heh. Nice job Cornelius, throwing Ray off-balance with a tempation like that.
Fine Brown LIquor! Call Lyle, this is ripe for a new bottle label (and I'll wait for the t-shirt)

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine whether the corresponding thread here would be any more entertaining, also taken out of a context in which one is familiar with the partici#####.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2008, 04:43:22 pm »

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine whether the corresponding thread here would be any more entertaining, also taken out of a context in which one is familiar with the partici******.

I had a similar thought with my post, but didn't want to go there.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

sje46

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56010
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2008, 09:41:03 pm »

By signing up to a messageboard for the sole purpose of arguing with someone you've pretty much solidified our opinion of Assbar.
This does not follow, good sir.  Your opinion is that we are a bunch of idiots a la 4chan, not that we post on other boards to defend each other.
Crude?  Sometimes.  But we are also sometimes incredibly poetic and witty, and incredibly well-learned.  We know how to tie our own shoes.  And we have a sense of humor as well. 
@Wombat: I know nothing of this suscriber nonsense.  I am on the free section, which I guess is the section I'm defending.  Even so, what you copypasta'd shows wit and learnedness as well.
@ Doc:
I signed up a few weeks ago.  I just didn't post until now.  And I don't post cocks, only cat cocks.  And by cat cock I mean a cat with the head of a cock.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2008, 11:14:11 pm »

Points for the picture. For the rest of it... Look: Come in, look around, have a seat, join the party. But don't blather on about all of your other friends that none of us know. No matter what you have to say about them, that's always a boring thing to do, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2008, 02:30:22 am »

He did the cat cock thing, this indicates sufficient lurking to please me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2008, 03:43:42 am »

But where are the barbs?  THE BARBS!!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2008, 03:52:10 am »

Plus those fools made me their wicker man style king,
The king is dead, long live the king!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

sje46

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56010
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2008, 10:25:20 am »

I am more confused here than I am at Assetbar.  And that is saying a lot.
Points for the picture. For the rest of it... Look: Come in, look around, have a seat, join the party. But don't blather on about all of your other friends that none of us know. No matter what you have to say about them, that's always a boring thing to do, you know?
Thank you.
I wasn't just blabbing on about my friends; I was defending them. 
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2008, 10:30:54 am »

I gave sje46 a can because they seemed OK and can-debt is dispiriting. But I have taken it away again because he just seemed too enamored by this bunch. I mean, I have no reason to believe they're not perfectly lovely et cetera, having never had a moment's contact with any of them, but this kind of gushing seems unhealthy and I don't want to encourage it.

Also I don't think you can really know whether or not someone can tie their own shoelaces from text-based interaction, so why are we all pretending?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2008, 01:08:20 pm »

I can tie my shoes, but I avoid it like the plague.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2008, 02:22:47 pm »

I wasn't just blabbing on about my friends; I was defending them. 

No matter what you have to say about them, that's always a boring thing to do, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

sje46

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56010
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2008, 11:28:59 pm »

Not really enamored by them either.   I just saw the first thread at this site that affected me enough to make me post something.  I'm not here just to defend anyone or to write sonnets about them. 
I'm not here to troll or nothin'.  If you are bored by my opinion on something, then don't listen.
*shrug*
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Respect Moderation...Nov. 1st 2008
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2008, 03:01:17 am »

I gave sje46 a can because they seemed OK and can-debt is dispiriting. But I have taken it away again because he just seemed too enamored by this bunch. I mean, I have no reason to believe they're not perfectly lovely et cetera, having never had a moment's contact with any of them, but this kind of gushing seems unhealthy and I don't want to encourage it.

Also I don't think you can really know whether or not someone can tie their own shoelaces from text-based interaction, so why are we all pretending?

I've cast my vote and restored the fellow back to 0. I say this I was entertained by his/her/its posts. Far more than THA SUGAH RAIN HATH COMETH or whatever.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up