Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: xkcd Achewood parody  (Read 3431 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
xkcd Achewood parody
« on: November 03, 2008, 09:18:31 pm »

http://xkcd.com/141/

I apologize if this was posted already. I did not find it.

Not bad. Even pretty good.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 12:53:11 am »

Philip can only hear the letter E, apparently.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 01:15:15 am »

The writing is good, but going on with the dialogue-less bit for ten frames, that is sort of genius.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 03:25:34 am »

I fuck*ng knew it. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 12:11:36 pm »

Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 02:34:28 pm »

I apologize if this was posted already. I did not find it.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 07:58:17 pm »

We understand Jorge, the search function on this messageboard leaves a lot to be desired.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 09:47:51 pm »

Does CJ know you're dissatisfied with him, Paul?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 10:00:19 pm »

Does CJ know you're dissatisfied with him, Paul?

Thank goodness we have CJ else we would be lost. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 10:12:48 pm »

And yet there the original thread is when I search now. Oh well. ::weeps::
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 11:04:14 pm »

It is OK. Those of us who don't have photographic memories were pleased to read it again. And all the noobs who don't read all the archives, I presume.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 11:53:24 pm »

Thank goodness we have CJ else we would be lost. 

I bribed the Simple Machines Forum people to keep their search sub-par, just to make sure I always have a job.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 01:20:40 am »

Man, if a dude trying to bring something to the table in fallow times is a crime then my ass is on death row.



Swing loooooow.... Sweeeeet chaaaaaaareeeeeeooooooooottt...

/basso profundo
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 02:50:23 am »

Ray parody? Or the other way around?

Also:
I apologize if this was posted already. I did not find it.

A quick search of a couple terms didn't seem to turn anything up.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: xkcd Achewood parody
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 05:52:17 am »

I wasn't trying to diss him for it either, just pointing out that it had in fact been posted before.

I had to submit the search several times before it actually showed up, though.

Also: Nedroid parody!
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up