Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Election Thread  (Read 10312 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 03:14:02 am »

I just tried to explain to Mrs. Haus why some states are called with 0% reporting, but states like VA and NC can have 70% in and still be too close to call. By the end, though, I think I understood it less than I did before I started trying to explain it.


Thank God this only takes place every four years, is all I can say.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 03:26:19 am »

is he a judge?

I was weirded out that I was supposed to have opinions about local judges, and I decided that I didn't know enough about them to vote one way or the other.

Yes, yes he is.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 04:05:28 am »

Wooooo
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 04:16:42 am »

All of a sudden, the remastered celebration scenes from "The Return of the Jedi" seem more poignant now.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 04:44:07 am »

All of a sudden, the remastered celebration scenes from "The Return of the Jedi" seem more poignant now.

If this didn't exit before it almost certainly does now. I will search youtube when I get home.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 04:45:53 am »

oh man, I am pretty happy about how this is going.

It doesn't really feel real.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 04:47:18 am »

Exaaaaaaactly!  It just doesn't feel real!

But it is!

Hurrah!  Long Live President Obama!!!!

OBAMANOS!  SI SE PUEDE!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 04:48:48 am »

Oh yeah, keep us updated on that one. Apparently my state (Utah) donated heavily to the pro Prop 8 campaign. fuck*ng Utah. Always in other people's business.

It's stuff like this that always makes me cynical about people who are big on espousing state's rights. It seems there's always a line marked 'but this is important enough that we should interfere'.

On a tangent I've read a few things lately about people wanting to get rid of the state governments down here, or at least pass a lot of their power on to the federal government, mainly stuff to do with regulating health care and education. It's an interesting idea, on the one hand there are lots of dangers of nuance being lost and beaurocracy increasing when you try to force an entire country through one system on the other hand do we really need three levels of government for a population that's smaller than New York?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 04:55:37 am »

Best fark post I've seen so far on the result:

'YES WE DID'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 05:10:16 am »

There was a big high wall there that tried to stop me;
Sign was painted, it said private property;
But on the back side it didn't say nothing;
That side was made for you and me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 05:22:14 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUT1WgHat6I

it's been a long time coming
but a change is gonna come.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2008, 05:44:58 am »

There was a big high wall there that tried to stop me;
Sign was painted, it said private property;
But on the back side it didn't say nothing;
That side was made for you and me.
yeah man, private property, that stuff is the suck. I would love to do away with property rights, who needs them. What the hell does that lyric have to do with the election?

In other news, let us all rejoice at the end of political commercials for the immediate future.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2008, 06:01:37 am »

Oh man, yeah.

No more having to look at Titty Nixon's goddamned skeletor cheeks.

(the significance, AC, was that it was the most radical verse of "This Land is Your Land", it was not meant entirely literally)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 06:15:08 am »

I'll admit that I didn't vote for him, but I'll also admit Barack Obama is one classy guy, and I think he'll do an alright job.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Election Thread
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 06:40:06 am »

Sorry I didn't make a full post before, I was in kind of a hurry. I live in West Philadelphia and there are people literally dancing in the streets out there. Good times.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up