As for all the crazy shit that got passed under our noses?
Yeah, that happened. That happened too.
But... the guy we elected wouldn't have been allowed to VOTE in a lot of this country when my parents were born.
The one thing that I tend to believe that will forever keep me in the Democratic party as opposed to going out in the bushes with a hairsuit, eating locusts and honey and voting for psychotic narcissists like Ralph Nader... the one reason why I would never be comfortable in the Green party or whatever...
Is that I'm at peace with the fact that some of the changes aren't going to come in one election or one decade or one generation.
I'm not under the delusion that everything can be fixed in one night or else I'm taking my idealism ball and going home to feel smug.
Gay folks are going to get their full rights eventually.
It might take thirty years of the elderly bigots who made this election even slightly close dying off but the day will come.
I'm deeply saddened that it'll take time? But, y'know, we will reach the mountaintop even though some might not get there.
And, anyway, I'm heartened right now that Barry's the dude nominating Supremes for the next four years.
Progress.