Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Gin and...  (Read 6218 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 07:19:16 am »

four parts vodka
one part dry vermouth
twist of lemon

As Alton Brown would say "that's it... walk away".

I... you know, people overthink cocktails so much just to be cute or to prove something.

Walk away.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 07:21:13 am »

three parts gordon's
one part vodka
half a part lillet
twist

You want an olive, or you want a twist? Olive, or twist? This is Ketel One, boy!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 07:58:55 am »

three parts gordon's
one part vodka
half a part lillet
twist

Someone's seeing quantum of solace this week?

I don't think I've ever tried gin, even in a coctail. I should put it on my list of things to do. I do know that whenever a member of my family leaves the country they are requried by laws to bring my grandmother back several litres of gordon's. I believe she drinks it with tonic but once an elderly lady reaches a particular level of embalmedness who can say?

Edit: Took me a minute to find but the best thing about gin ever is 3 minutes 30 into this.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:33:48 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 02:14:19 pm »

You want an olive, or you want a twist? Olive, or twist? This is Ketel One, boy!

Can'd
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 02:17:14 pm »

Gin: Because drinking isn't supposed to be fun, goddamnit.

I thought that was what scotch was for.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 04:32:28 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 04:55:51 pm »

I thought that was what scotch was for.

You were tricked. Tricked by someone who wants it all for themselves.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 03:35:46 am »

actually i started drinking vespers a couple months ago after i caught casino royale on one of the movie networks. it sounded good and sweet good goddamn is it ever.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 10:37:31 pm »

I love gin.  Everyone I know hates gin.  That makes me like it even more.
Logged
ACHIEVE

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 03:57:41 pm »

Always a good situation really, because you can count on nobody drinking your booze.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 04:40:10 pm »

Yes, this is true.  I open the booze cupboard, and there is my gin waiting for me.  No one has gone ahead and drank all my gin.  This situation can not be counted on for say, my vodka.

I do not know any other gin drinkers.  Interesting that so many TOUAMB people are gin drinkers.  Mmmm. Gin.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 07:34:56 pm »

Gin is also the liquor with the greatest variation in tastes across brands. Each one with their own secret recipes and such
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 08:47:22 pm »

a really large number of my friends like G&Ts, so my gin is not safe.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 12:32:10 am »

Gin is also the liquor with the greatest variation in tastes across brands. Each one with their own secret recipes and such
I assume you're not including single malt whiskys (sp?) in that generalization.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Gin and...
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 03:54:21 pm »

If I drank gin, i'd mix it with soda water and crushed mint leaves and call it a Gin Ricky Ricardo.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up